OT: Latest Data Dump

Fancy that! Everything in our homes is spying on us. Who could possibly be behind it? Let's just blame Russia!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Alex jones warned us about all this at leat 15 yrs ago it will come as no suprise at all to his veiwers.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

Imagine how many hard drives it takes to store every email and phone call and text and cat picture and man-cave Sony microphone in the world.

We could email giant files of truly random bytes, and burn out all their crypto-cracking machines.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Why not? The CIA is using snooping software that leaves Rooskie signatures. But the Rooskies really did bug the DNC. Really. Obama wouldn't lie.

Reply to
krw

I think I remember reading somewhere that (assuming it were somehow possible to do this) keeping a record of the text of every conversation and word said by people since the beginning of human's use of language would require around 1 yottabyte of storage.

With modern storage hardware of circa 2017 it seems like not even that much volume:

"In 2010, it was estimated that storing a yottabyte on terabyte-size disk drives would require one billion city block size data-centers, as big as the states of Delaware and Rhode Island combined.[1] By late 2016 memory density had increased to the point where a yottabyte could be stored on SDX cards occupying no more than twice the size of the Hindenburg ."

bitrex

Oops, no, it's even less, if stored in text it's:

"Mark Liberman calculated the storage requirements for all human speech ever spoken at 42 zettabytes if digitized as 16 kHz 16-bit audio. This was done in response to a popular expression that states "all words ever spoken by human beings" could be stored in approximately 5 exabytes of data (see exabyte for details). Liberman did freely confess that "maybe the authors [of the exabyte estimate] were thinking about text".[16]"

Reply to
bitrex

It's the old double-triple-cross agent game. They enjoy that sort of stuff.

lunatic fringe electronics

The Trump administration seems to be its own worst enemy, everyone else is just kicking back with the popcorn.

I mean, I can see how a smaller federal government might be a good idea in some areas, but I definitely never expected the snake to eat its own tail. If that was the game plan all along one has to be impressed with the cunning and sophistication.

(I don't think it was the game plan)

Reply to
bitrex

Nowhere near as much as the conspiracy theory junkies.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

It is funny how bigD tends to be right, with good timing.

lunatic fringe electronics

If you must persist in quoting these prefixes beyond the pico we're familiar with, I for one would appreciate it if you provided the scientific notation equivalents as well. Otherwise I shall be forced to conclude you are just trying to prove yourself as some sort of smarty- pants.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Of course not. A man of honour who posted his birth certificate online for all to see is beyond reproach.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

That's what he is >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

He even corrected the fonts to make it more readable.

lunatic fringe electronics

Ok sure here you go:

bitrex

I know it always goes over like I'm advocating communism but I think the US Post Office should provide everyone with a secure encrypted email address with the same Federal protections as snail mail. The US Post Office is in t he Constitution because our society could not function without secure priva te communication. This wouldn't preclude the existence of private email any more than the post office eliminates UPS and Fedex.

Reply to
Wanderer

Which instantly raises the question of how you ensure each individual has access to the single correct email address.

In effect your suggestion is equivalent to a mandated foolproof digital identity system. Even if that isn't the intention, feature creep would ensure it becomes the case.

They've been trying to establish a digital identity for at least a decade over here, but the proposals are always shot down in the face of reality.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Just like Jim said then. Thanks for nothing.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

He has a huge amount of support in many areas; not among the 'top brass' but from the 2nd rank right the way down. If the SHTF and a civil war kicks off, I wouldn't put money on the globalists coming off best.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Oh, I have. I don't know who 'Nathan' is, but I simply don't believe him. A quick search on YT will provide far more authoritative analysis on the true nature of this crude and very obvious forgery.

That's only so he can be prosecuted for treason in addition to uttering a forgery when the time is right.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom