OT: Kameleon 6-in-1 Remote Codes

My ancient JVC wide-screen has outlived two replacements of OEM remote.

So I bought a Kameleon 6-in-1 Remote.

Besides the TV, I have a receiver, CD jukebox, audio tape player, DVD player and VCR... ALL JVC brand.

Which makes for a nightmare of finding the right codes... there are 8 to 20 codes per device type :-(

Does anyone know of a website that has sorted out the codes by MODEL NUMBER?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | The harder I work the luckier I get.

In the user manual for remote look for auto code search options.

Damir

Reply to
Damir

That only finds what code will work ON/OFF... virtually ALL of the JVC codes do that. I'm trying to find the codes that work all the features.

...Jim Thompson

               The harder I work the luckier I get.

When all else fails, RTFM! ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Or this one for hex codes:

Heres the google search url

Martin Riddle

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Thanks, but that's even more of a nightmare.

What I was hoping to find...

JVC model 1248 = 0553 Kameleon program.

Guess I just have to grunt my way through it... time for another glass of wine ;-)

...Jim Thompson

               The harder I work the luckier I get.

Hello Jim,

Unlikely that this is documented anywhere.

Yep. That's what I had to do when the remote for our VCR became erratic. First two Panasonic codes didn't work, the 3rd worked a little, the 4th some more, the 5th kind of really good but not quite and the rest was worse again.

The result is that the VCR can now be programmed but the clock cannot be set unless we power cycle the VCR into that dreaded blinky-blink 12:00 mode. Oh well.

I had a nice glass or Porter when I did that.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I know when I bought my present TV, the remote was a universal type, and in the TV manual, they had a list like you are wanting. Problem was later, when I bought a new DVD/Surround/Audio center, that was newer than the original book... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

They have a search engine to find the right codes on their site... 8-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

Thanks, Charlie!

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
[snip]

Thanks again, Charlie! That got me most of the codes. But I discovered the cause of my frustration... several of my models require contacting Kameleon to "upgrade".

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Is that where, you call them, and then hold the remote up to the receiver to upload the new codes? Or does you model have that feature...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson