OT: Juno video by NASA

You need a good sound system attached to your computer and run this video in full screen mode. I got goose bumps.

Reply to
John S

Hokey, tacky, mostly fake.

I got bored.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Wrong. The movement of the Galilean moons were captured by Juno over many days while approaching Jupiter.

I would expect that from you.

Reply to
John S

The silly dramatic music and fake animations are so predictably NASA. Hubble has produced vastly better pics of Jupiter and its moons.

There should be a convention to identify illustrations, like a green dot in the corner of an image or something. Too many "science" pics are actually Photoshop hacks.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 07:46:42 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

You are truly full of shit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

What else would you expect from a narcissistic personality?

Reply to
John S

That's from Hubble. Compare that to the time-lapse collage that you referred to. Of course, this pic doesn't have music.

NASA spends most of its budget on the ISS, which is 99% PR and 1% science. NASA spends very little on aeronautics, one of its namesake functions. The Juno type missions are great, but I wish that NASA wouldn't dumb down the videos so much and mix artists' conceptions with real pics.

You guys would be better off if you paid more attention to electronics and less to personalities and goosebump-inspiring sound tracks.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

LOL! Pot, meet kettle!

--

Rick C
Reply to

Can you provide collaborating evidence for that outrageous and unsubstantiated statement? I think you're just pulling numbers out of your narcissistic ass to bolster your ego.

The Juno type missions are great, but I wish that NASA

Of course you do. No one can do it better than you, right?

Sure. And you would be better off if you paid more attention to your ego and whiteboard and leave the OT stuff to those who either care about these things or elect to say nothing if they don't find it pleasing to them. The thread started with OT. What's YOUR excuse? I'm thinking you're demented. Ask your wife.

Reply to
John S

Apparently you have not looked at the NASA site. From the site:

NASA's Juno spacecraft captured a unique time-lapse movie of the Galilean satellites in motion about Jupiter. The movie begins on June

12th with Juno 10 million miles from Jupiter, and ends on June 29th, 3 million miles distant. The innermost moon is volcanic Io; next in line is the ice-crusted ocean world Europa, followed by massive Ganymede, and finally, heavily cratered Callisto. Galileo observed these moons to change position with respect to Jupiter over the course of a few nights. From this observation he realized that the moons were orbiting mighty Jupiter, a truth that forever changed humanity's understanding of our place in the cosmos. Earth was not the center of the Universe. For the first time in history, we look upon these moons as they orbit Jupiter and share in Galileo?s revelation. This is the motion of nature's harmony.

If you were to go to their site and explore their offerings, you might get educated. In this short message, I can't tell you everything they are doing. It is not just Hubble, Juno, Mars rovers, etc. It is also about Earth. Why don't you wake up and find out what they're doing by looking at their site? Too much for your ego to handle?

Reply to
John S

The NASA budget is public; look it up. Aeronautics is about 4%. Most of the NASA budget goes to manned spaceflight.

If you want to contest my 99% number, cite something useful that has resulted from manned spaceflight. It *has* killed a bunch of astronauts and may kill more yet.

That Juno time-lapse presentation, the goosebump one, could have been done better by a half-dozen amateur astronomers and some video editing software, but with better music.

This NASA scientist is insane:

36 seconds in. What a moron!

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

What the hell is wrong with you? What did the guy do that makes him a moron?

For that matter, what's wrong with the video? It is real images turned into a video and you want to use software to what? Make them *more* real looking?

If you don't like NASA's work, why don't you stop looking at it rather than obsessing with it?

--

Rick C
Reply to