OT: Is Yahoo Mail Broken?

I've just tried to get to my Yahoo email, and it seems to be in some kind of infinite loop: Firefox says: The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Anybody else observing this? How do I send them an error report, when I have no email?

Do they have a support phone #?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

had that earlier today, just after a firefox update...... anyway, seems it is not FF, just completely log out of yahoo, then login again, with password etc worked for me

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Thanks! That did the trick! :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Without more information that's a pretty meaningless number; my personal experience is that e-mail is much more reliable than that. I might have an e-mail not be delivered and not bounce back somewhere between 1 in 100 and 1 in 1000 times, I imagine.

Hopefully 6 out of 10 SPAM e-mails never reach their destinations!

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

I also think that study is not right. Maybe 1%-2% gets lost, and then you still don't know whether some spam filter accidentally ditched it.

However, why I do think that email is not as reliable as fax and never will be: On numerous occasions I had emails bounce. Turned out some wisecrack admins at a major telcos (German Telekom, the big one, for example) had decided that our AT&T server caused too much spam and blanket-blocked that whole domain. They probably felt like heroes there, pounding their chests. In consequence I had people on the phone asking me to relay information because they could no longer receive answers from several US vendors. Had to be faxed because they could also not receive any emails from me either. Great.

Other times servers sent an "address invalid" while I know that's baloney. But the fact is that business communication gets disrupted. Currently for over two weeks with one of my clients, still not fixed, all email has to go via the CEO's personal account. Just great.

Nah, POTS and fax is here to stay.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I find email to be more reliable than answering machines, though sometimes people don't admit receiving either.

I doubt it's that bad. It's not normally a spam filter, per se, but the loose nut behind the keyboard doing the manual filtering.

I've heard of that too. IIRC at one time the entire IBM.COM domain was blacklisted by several ISPs because they had some open servers used to bounce spam. Great!

I'm having trouble with email now. My temporary ISP (no choice) has no SMTP or POP servers. I'm using my backup ISP's POP server but they have the SMTP server behind a firewall. I use a local SMTP server but apparently many ISPs don't accept mail from the wild.

Gack. I haven't had a POTS line for, I think, five years. Fortunately, my employer accepts PDFs of my "time sheets" attached to email. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to