OT is JT OK?

I once worked on a video subsystem where the frame rate was classified (so they couldn't tell me) but the horizontal rate, number of pixels, and clock rate were unclassified. They thought it was pretty funny, too, but I was warned to not write the frame rate down anywhere, including in the VHDL.

Reply to
krw

te:

sure as I was.

Bill had to take that threat seriously because of the potential ramificati ons.

n this use group.

What would you expect him to do? At that point he would be messing with a wound, the less he did, the better for him.

The only response I would expect would be to try to relax the sphincter mus cle. No point in getting too upset about it until there is something to de al with.

a bit like Alfred E. Newman, "What, me worry?" But when it turns to shit i t gets very ugly. I knew I was a straight arrow, but that is something up to you to prove when it is questioned. This is not a court room where you have much in the way of rights.

y Body building. Although I had the clearance , there were things that I d id not have the need to know, and so they had a sailor escorting me. He st ayed within 3 feet of me until they realised I had information which was pr ohibited from being written down at the base. After that the sailor relaxe d a bit and just kept me within 10 feet of him.

Lol

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Am 31.07.2018 um 04:43 schrieb snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com:

I have also implemented some VHDL registers/counters whose length I was not supposed to know. Oh, yes, and then synthesis proudly announces each & every register and counter it has found, and how many flipflops they take after optimization. :-))

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

sserted that he did several times.

isctinctly psychopathic. I confine my hilarity to slightly less heavy-weigh t subjects.

hilarious is you.

that Jim actually reported you to the FBI.

If you had gone to the trouble of reading what I've written (and had the ca pacity to understand what it actually meant), you'd be able to work out tha t I didn't have any opinion about whether Jim actually did report me to the FBI. As I've said, it would have been really foolish of him to do it, but that doesn't mean that he didn't do it.

You do find odd ways of amusing yourself, and I've frequently commented on you capacity for believing things that make you feel happy without having a ny rational basis for those beliefs.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

e:

as asserted that he did several times.

as disctinctly psychopathic. I confine my hilarity to slightly less heavy-w eight subjects.

find hilarious is you. You try to convince readers that you are intelligen t and then you believe that Jim actually reported you to the FBI. You are just too funny.

job depends on maintaining a clearance you don't take such things lightly. Sure, it is not remotely believable that JT would have any sway over anyon e's clearance, but just being investigated is a black mark with the governm ent and even more with your employer.

The problem is that it was a rather psychopathic kind of wind-up.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

rote:

job depends on maintaining a clearance you don't take such things lightly. Sure, it is not remotely believable that JT would have any sway over anyon e's clearance, but just being investigated is a black mark with the governm ent and even more with your employer.

But you are a bit too dim to think through all the pontential down-sides.

I've had two.

er met, reported me to the FBI based on statements posted in SED.

Somebody with a bit better grasp of what can go wrong inside bureaucracies might have a better grasp of what might go wrong.

ously Anti-American ". JT is not an idiot.

Neither is Jurb, but neither of them are in particularly close touch with r eality.

It was run for years by J Edgar Hoover with the primary job of collecting d irt of politicians so that they couldn't blackmail Hoover by threating to e xpose his particular life-style. Intelligence wasn't the first thing looked for in FBI agents.

r that if some one contacted the FBI , the first thing they would ask is " what leads you to believe that X is " dangerously Anti-American".

n and start a file that says the reporter is a kook.

Jim did make the point that he'd talked with friends of his inside the FBI, rather than making any kind of official report.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

our job depends on maintaining a clearance you don't take such things light ly. Sure, it is not remotely believable that JT would have any sway over a nyone's clearance, but just being investigated is a black mark with the gov ernment and even more with your employer.

quired a security clearance . And it would not have bothered me in the lea st if someone who I have never met, reported me to the FBI based on statem ents posted in SED.

ngerously Anti-American ". JT is not an idiot. And I am sure he knows tha t the FBI is not a bunch of idiots. So it is seems to me that it should be obvious to the most casual observer that if some one contacted the FBI , t he first thing they would ask is " what leads you to believe that X is " da ngerously Anti-American".

erson and start a file that says the reporter is a kook.

It's difficult to believe things you can't understand. Disbelief is cheap - thinking things out takes time, paticularly if you are as dim as Dan.

tements.

vestigated.

And it can take ages.

learance. JT could not make any trouble for Bill as long as there was noth ing on which to base a complaint.

Dan is a trusting soul. Being suspicious takes intellectual effort, and sho rt-cuts can save a lot of time, though you can end up at quite the wrong de stination.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But still not as dim as you.

Dan, Earth

Reply to
dcaster

Dan dreams on.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Higher IQ, Higher net worth, Better college. Only was unemployed for 6 days in my lifetime.

And you think I am dreaming.

Dan, Earth

Reply to
dcaster

How dare you contradict the oracle.

Reply to
jurb6006

I would doubt the IQ part of your claim. Only an idiot would compare himself to someone when he knows nothing about the other guy. But even more important is that only an idiot would think that such a claim is of any value!

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Ah, but I do know about Bill. He has posted many many messages. On top of that someone said that Bill once said his IQ was in range of 130. That more or less confirms my estimate from reading Bill's posts.

But you are right, the claim is just a claim and on SED should be taken with some reservations. I do not claim to be really smart. At least two of my college classmates are much brighter. And many are more industrious.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

So you can measure IQ by SED posts??? Amazing! Maybe you are much smarter than I realized.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

If you can not get a pretty good idea of a persons intelligence by listening to what they say or by reading what they write. then you are a lot stupider than the average bear.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

So, what do you think my IQ is?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Sometimes one can. But there's no lack of people thinking they've figured someone's iq out when they're way off. Bill however is one of the more readable ones.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The usual caveats apply. I have not been paying too much attention to your posts. But for a number, my estimate is 128 for a single number. And my estimate for error is + 12 -8 .

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Assuming you are going to post how badly I did in estimating your IQ, it wo uld be interesting to wait a bit and give others a chance to give their est imate of your IQ. Then we could see if the group average is a better estim ate, and whether the group tends to estimate high or low. And I guess also show if anyone cares.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

People with high IQs can do dumb things if their emotions dominate their preception and reasoning. That happens a lot.

 Click to see the full signature