OT is JT OK?

Ah, so you don't know how it works and are making things up based on certain practices. Got it.

Yes, mixing some nitrogen fixing plants with non-fixing plants can be a good way of keeping enough nitrogen in the soil. The bacteria colonies in nitrogen fixing plants can produce more fixed nitrogen than that plant needs, and their host plant can provide a better environment for them than bare soil.

None of that suggests that "a percentage of plants get it from other nitrogen fixing plants".

Reply to
David Brown

now you're being as daft as Rick.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Great that you agricultural experts have this forum for the lofty exchange of ideas. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
https://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I did read /hear somewhere that trees share nutrients (mediated by fungi I think.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I know all about plants. I eat a lot of them.

It's like those kids that the newspapers call "tech savvy"; they have learned to tap buttons.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

General response here. I tried the email icon on his site ad it wants to fo rce Outlook Express, I use web based mail. I thought I set it but oh well. I extracted the address viewing the source, in a few minute I will see it i f bounced. He has his own domain. Whenever his dues expire for that the ema il will bounce.

OK, it has been a few minutes and I got nothing form a mailer daemon, so I guess it is reasonable to assume it got through.

The phone number says "no such number" when I tried to call it. Probably no t updated or maybe he got sick of phones. I know I did. I used to have a 5 gallon bucket of water for parties, throw your phone in there or leave it i n your car.

So I guess we wait.

Reply to
jurb6006

I bet they don't even know WTF hexadecimal is. It's amazing how the media can be so generous in their praise for certain groups of people where any justly deserved merit is non-existent.

Cursitor Doom

they thrive on news - no news, no media sales, no ads. So they turn nothing into news.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well that's not very helpful. How can he refer the caller to the Kansas Board of Mental Health if he disconnected the line?

(Hahahahahaha)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Why would they need to?

The Daily Mail and Russia Today are notorious for this kind of misjudgement.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

force Outlook Express, I use web based mail. I thought I set it but oh well . I extracted the address viewing the source, in a few minute I will see it if bounced. He has his own domain. Whenever his dues expire for that the e mail will bounce.

I guess it is reasonable to assume it got through.

not updated or maybe he got sick of phones. I know I did. I used to have a

5 gallon bucket of water for parties, throw your phone in there or leave it in your car.

I called him about a 6 weeks ago, and the number worked. Wrote him an email on the 15th of July and never got a reply

Hoping for the best

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

The BBC are the experts in that area. That huge news floor of theirs must be entirely devoted to sifting through all the news in the world, filtering out every bit of the most interesting and relevant stuff and broadcasting the rest: a thin, watery stream of insipid, fact-free gruel.

Cursitor Doom

Also known as pablum.

But it is still much worse in the US.

Reply to
jurb6006

I just emailed Jim. I tried the phone a week or two ago.

I had to go through a bit of bullshit because mailto doesn't work with web based mail, but I did it. (view source code and search)

I asked for a reply even if he is dead. Maybe his Wife has access or maybe someone. I said they didn't have to go to Usenet, I wouldn't ask normal people here for obvious reasons.

Can a spouse access their email via their ISP somehow ? Do a password reset or whatever ?

Bottom line is we do not know. He might be fine and on vacation. But the fact that his email and phone work does not prove he is alright. He is/was not broke. These things could be on autopay.

Reply to
jurb6006

I did a google search for obits. There is a *another* James E. Thompson in Arizona who just died.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Did it have any details ? Like he left behind a bunch of kids, a busload of grandkids and a greatgrandkid or two ?

If he is dead he is dead. We all got to go sometime. I didn't like that the y gave him a BP boosting drug when he had no symptoms, in fact I would have refused it. If he is dead I hope his family sues that drug pusher for ever y dime he has. He probably made more than the guy who prescribed it, which means his value as a breadwinner was enough to boost any settlement. Someon e has to teach these god damn pushers.

But I shouldn't go into that, he might be fine. He might have gotten tired of the liberals. He might be smoking pot. He might be in jail for smoking p ot, Arizona still has ridiculous laws about that. If not, I would consider moving there.

Reply to
jurb6006

I hope he's coming through things. We just have to wait & see.

Do you have a link for that one, I only saw one in March 2018, some in previous years.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes, I hate seeing good people depart.

James Eugene Thompson Yuma, Arizona Jun 18, 1957 - Aug 14, 2018

Jim's middle name was Earl, not Eugene, and he wasn't 5 when he graduated MIT. His birthday was February 29 too.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

I just realized I used the past tense. Since google can't find an obit he is probably still around. It just feels like he's not here, but the absence from SED is misleading.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

'Ours' is older than that too.

No news may be good news.