OT: Interior Design

I have my library finished, just line the walls with bookcases and a reading desk and a sofa ;-)

Now I'm pondering how to do my office. The old floor space was a rectangle, the new is slighter more square feet, but it's square, with more windows and doors.... making it hard for me to visualize desk, bookcases, file cabinets and PC placements.

So I'm looking for recommendations for interior design software, free or relatively inexpensive :-) that features walk-thru 3-D views.

Any ideas? ...Jim Thompson

Sketchup is free and you can download tons of models of furniture etc., you can find numerous tutorials on youtube

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I have experimented with

before ...

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk  |    http://www.signal11.org.uk

Mike

Apparently "free" only as a 30-day free trial...

...Jim Thompson

only the pro version cost money

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Wow, how 21st Century...a finished library with no bookcases. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot netr
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

No PC, either. Everybody runs apps on phones.

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:32:48 -0400, Phil Hobbs Gave us:

Remember "The Time Machine"?

The speaking rings?

And the crumbling text scrolls?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 19:02:38 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

Errr "Talking Rings"

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

This works well...

Cheers ;D

Reply to
Martin Riddle

No pool table?

Requires Chrome web browser (or get the Android app). I've been using it for about 3 months with good results. The learning curve is initially a bit steep, but once you get past the jargon section, it becomes much easier. There are other similar apps available, none of which I've tried yet: etc. Search for "floor plan".

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

None of that matters when you put in the hot tub and the sauna.

Put the desk and the PC in a corner of the library and be done with it.

Reply to
mixed nuts

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:13:44 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

He claims to be such a genius, but I'll bet that he has always been too stupid to have ever embraced billiards.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You've got to be stupid to embrace billiards. Snooker is much more interesting.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

rote:

sting.

billiards overs everything with a cue stick including snooker

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Huh? I have ~20 lineal feet x 8' high bookcases, filled to the brim, plus stacks on the floor... my wife has as many cookbooks as I have engineering references.

When I do another ~15' of bookcases in my office we will be able to use the floor for walking ;-) ...Jim Thompson

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:46:23 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

Snooker is a billiard game, idiot.

Pocket billiards includes snooker, and has a list of other games and they are all billiard games.

Carom billiards is likely what your stupid ass thought I meant.

It too is a billiard game.

Thanks for proving yet again just how clueless you are.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 17:51:53 -0700 (PDT), Lasse Langwadt Christensen Gave us:

He is an idiot, and he constantly proves it in his quest to denigrate particular individuals.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 18:07:34 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

With your recent query posts about processors, etc. You must lack the capacity to perform a google search, where everything on your shelves can be found in seconds.

You had to ask here because the crap on your shelves is decades old, and none reference modern CPUs.

So you must sit and play solitaire on your expensive PCs.

Old classic hardbound antique books have value. "crap references" from the seventies on up, are all available easily online. Better use is to send them to the recycler.

Even the ARRL handbooks are there (online).

Get with the times, old man.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

No question: Sketchup. The price is right, too. $0 (for the personal version).

Reply to
krw