OT: I've found the problem

OT: I've found the problem...

discovered in a hard cover magazine, at my wife's nail salon, simply labeled "da Vinci"... figured it to be actually something readable for a change... it's just a catalog of hand bags.

Looks like our sexually aberrant society may be due to the lack of proper father figures.

Would you hire this "guy", or is it a "s'he'it" ?>:-}

(Or maybe it's Adrian Tuddenham ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

The trendy mens look around here is LumberSexual, geeky programmer guys trying to look like lumberjacks who left their chain saws in their pickups. Worker-guy boots, shabby jeans, plaid shirts, medium beards and baseball caps. Nothing like that... thing... in your pic.

The women still look good, skinny jeans and slinky bits and CMFM shoes.

Hey, this is just around the corner.

It was Luxe, and they moved out, and it was for lease for astronomical rent. Looks like the market is turning down, no takers, so now it's for sale at an astronomical price. It was a biker-gear shop and tattoo parlor until some flippers bought it and pimped it out. It has a slide! I want a slide too!

Luxe had a lot of money and a stupid idea; now they have some of that money left and are pioneering another stupid idea.

 Click to see the full signature

I like that, we'll call "him" "The Thing"... remember that vegetable blob horror movie:

As they should ;-)

I like modern (*). But I prefer it out in the boonies under an Arizona cliff.

(*) People are often stunned when the come into our house for the first time... outside is typical Arizona, tiled roof, etc.

Inside, modern paintings and lots of authentic Native American granite and quartz sculptures.

Spehro and wife were at our Ahwatukee place... new place is just scaled down in size, plus 30 years better in terms of energy consumption... and taxes 1/4 of "fancy pants" land. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

depends on their work skills.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Except for the beard, that fits me to a Tee. I need to find a new brand of leather hiking boots though. I've loved these Asolo's but the last two pairs have had the tread fall off...A common problem!

(I had to cut the link short...) Zambarlans perhaps.

George H.

Nothing like that... thing... in your pic.

Reply to
George Herold

I have a beard but I don't have a pickup or wear a baseball cap and haven't worn anything but Chuck Taylor All-stars for years

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

What are you all doing thinking about other dude's fashion so much and scanning pictures of dudes in magazines and saving them to post here for, anyway?!

Reply to
bitrex

I have a beard AND a pick-em-up truck, but NEVER wear a baseball cap, dress ONLY in Sansa-Belt slacks (actually milbern-comfort-tech, their successor), conventional Roundtree & Yorke short-sleeved shirts (NEVER just a T-shirt or sweat-shirt), NEVER jeans, and wear only ECCO shoes ;-)

I only wear a tie and coat to weddings and funerals... often made difficult, as I only own 1 or 2 "dress" shirts with long sleeves.

A windbreaker suffices in the dead of "winter". ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'd put "him" in the same category as I put those who show up for interviews chewing on a big wad of bubble-gum... circular file ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

They missed the Man-Bun.

And they ask, Why is the man bun hairstyle so popular? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

That would be illegal here. As well as foolish. Your next best possible emp loyee might not fit your cultural ideas, so you lose. I'm with you on the Eccos though. I don't dress anything like that but have been turned down due to not confo rming to someone else's nonsensical ideas before now. As a youngster I didn 't have much time for employers like that. Today I don't care how folk dres s as long as it doesn't create a genuine problem. People come in all styles & cultures, more sensible I think to look at what does matter.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

it's a model showing exaggerated fashion on runway. It has no relation to the real world, it is art and inspiration.

and what's wrong with wearing a suit?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

It's called androgynous, not thing. The "new man" is something like 5'10" and 125 lbs dripping wet. The average male couldn't possibly wear that style of clothing without looking foolish, it's only for twinky people.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I guess it is practical when you have long hair, I just have a ponytail

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Ya, I did too, back in the 70s. I also had a mustache, my kids think I looked like a Mexican drug lord.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

yes if you look like an overweight blob of bread dough then wearing tight fitted clothes is probably a bad idea......

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

in the 70's I wasn't in school yet ;)

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The early '70s.

Didn't grow a beard until I moved to Vermont (and haven't cut it since).

Reply to
krw

"Oh my God. You're from the 60s! Back! There's no place for you here in the future"

Reply to
bitrex

This is usually what I think of when I try to picture my interlocutor on the average s.e.d. OT political post:

Reply to
bitrex