OT: I'm sorry to report...

I'm sorry to report...

Had my cardiac nuclear imaging test this morning.

While on the treadmill they gave me an IV to dilate my blood vessels.

Almost dropped me to my knees, from shortness of breath, but I recovered.

But it left me wondering, "Oh crap, the end is in sight"

The Doctor's office just called, "Your heart is in great shape, good circulation, good pumping action".

So I'm sorry to report that it looks like I'll still be around for some time to needle the narcissistically ignorant ;-) ...Jim Thompson

But -- will you ever tell us how your boost converter adventure ended? (other than in a flame war -- all your threads end up there).

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

So his heart is okay. I'm waiting for the neurologist's report - which will probably be along the lines of "needs more exercise".

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Sure. It's going forth as an adventure in finding an inductor that will physically fit. My personal suspicion is it may have to be a resonant converter to meet the power/space requirements. ...Jim Thompson

Gosh, who would have thought that you have a heart?

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

PKB ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

We figured that you were all asshole.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

----snipped encrypted message---

OK- I have decoded your message......

------------decrypted message --------------

I'm sorry to report...

Had my cardiac nuclear imaging te(S)t this morning.

While on the treadmi(L)l they gave me an IV t(O) dilate (M)y blood vessels. (A)lmost dropped me to my k(N)ees, from shortness of breath, but I recovered.

But it left me wondering, "Oh cr(A)p, the e(N)(D) is in sight.

The Doctor's office just ca(L)led, "Your he(A)(R)t is in great shape, good circulation, good pumping action". So I'm sorry to report that it looks li(K)e I'll still be around for some t(I)me to needle the (N)arcissistically ignorant ;-)

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 = =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

---------end decrypted message ------------

Reply to
brent

Yea, (G)(O)(D) is keeping him around just to annoy those two ;)

Martin Riddle

Who, me? >:-} ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

ed text -

Please! No boyishness

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ttdesign.com- Hide quoted text -

That's Great Jim! My boss is now 80 and still going.

I wish a long life to all* of you.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Software

Thanks! ;-) ...Jim Thompson

text -

Well, why are geezers posting about their health problems in an electronics design group?

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

There's the pot calling the kettle black. Only 3 days ago you did another of your OT Andy Rooney impressions "Did you ever notice how sensitive you are to how much something weighs?" Or have you forgotten already? Art

Reply to
Artemus

text -

Hmmmm? What _geezer_ was it who talked of his manic-depressive medication, _and_ his special antacid so he can eat Cajun food ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

That was a general comment on the way human brains work, and on what information we store about objects. It didn't include my personal medical history. It did invoke discussion.

--

John Larkin, President
Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

I had triple bypass surgery and later asked if they would put me on a treadmill to see how I was doing. But they declined saying it might create an issue that would need investigation, and so I would have to wait for symptoms to appear. So far, so good at 8 years. Valuable resources have to be conserved.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

I'm glad to see that, Jim. I hope you survive me (I'm very close to your age).

Cheers, John

Reply to
John S

--