OT: I'm "deplorable" SQUARED...

I'm "deplorable" SQUARED...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

We knew that. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

-- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics

160 North State Road #203 Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net

Phil Hobbs

Howie Carr is well-known to be Beantown's biggest crybaby.

A bloo bloo bluh bluh bloo

Reply to
bitrex

Does this mean you won't be celebrating National Diversity Day?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Looks like a Jeff Foxworthy ripoff to me.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Yep. I miss that regular show... particularly back when Ron White was in the group. ...Jim Thompson

That Boston Herald reporter does seem to have failed to understand what Hil lary was deploring.

"You may be deplorable if your passport, driver?s license and credi t cards are all in the same name."

This seems unlikely to be one of the kinds of behaviours that would make yo u a supporter of Donald Trump.

I'm happy to believe that Jim Thompson is deplorable - I've been deploring his incorrigible ignorance for years - but I doubt if he is any more deplor able than any of the other people who are far enough out of touch with real ity to think that Donald Trump is the kind of person who ought to be presid ent of the United States of America.

It's a mistake that Donald Trump can be forgiven for making - he's a hopele ss narcissist, and that kind of error of judgement is part of the disorder

- but it's precisely that kind of feckless optimism that you don't want in a head of state. Dubbya trusted his own judgement about invading Irak, and Trump is even more confident about his own silly ideas (even if they keep c hanging from outing to outing).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Autocrats make stuff work really good because they create jobs and stop crime and support the troops and eliminate poverty because they always follow the constitution and never use executive authority to overeach and deny rights that were endowed by the creator. They're very cool that way.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

redit

Incredibly cool. Or is it implausibly cool?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You just did it.

Reply to
jurb6006

Just very bigly cool.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

I've been doing it for years, as I went on to point out - snipping a comment in the middle, and thus changing what it means, is text-chopping, and frowned on.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Like that ^ ?

Well the media does it all the time, which explains the existence of liberals.

Reply to
jurb6006

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 2:45:26 AM UTC+10, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote :

mment in the m"

Not really. The art is to snip at a natural break, obscuring that fact that you are text-chopping.

rals.

The media does like sound bites, but the point about the sound bite is that it captures the essence of what the speaker has been saying.

Both liberals and right wingers like simple arguments - they are easy to ge t across. Liberals do have the problem that their reality is a little more complex than the right wing vision of the world, and the dumber reporters a re correspondingly a little more prone to fail to grasp what's going on.

Since you regularly demonstrate that you don't have clue what's going on, y our understanding of what the media does is as defective as your understand ing of the rest of the world.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That is because they overcomplicate shit.

Let's put it this way, ain't no conservative or even warmonger republican said that boys can go to the girl's room.

Reply to
jurb6006

The right does like to over-simplify things - dumb them down until they can imagine that they understand them. It doesn't always work, as you make a habit of illustrating.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No, feeding housing and clothing the lazy #$%^&* allows them to breed more liberals, instead of working.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So it's motiveless hate. That's even worse. You don't even have an excuse to flaunt. You're disgusting.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

I should approve of anti-semitism just because I haven't run into it?

America got the benefit of quite a few Jewish scientists from Germany in th e 1930's. This might have been brilliant for the US, but it didn't do a thi ng for Germany.

There are excellent rational reasons for disapproving of anti-semitism. The fact that Julian Barnes doesn't know that they exist is scarcely surprisin g - anybody who likes Donald Trump and believes that Hillary Clinton has su ddenly developed a whole lot of implausible health disorders has to be a gu llible idiot.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

comment in the m"

berals.

The media does serve a useful purpose some of the time. Some reporter has d ug up the fact that Donald Trumps's charitable trust has been remarkably ch aritable to Donald Trump. This does happen to be a misedemeanor.

ty.html?_r=0

I imagine that reporters will have a life outside of reporting, and will do human things like having kids. Since reporters have better educations that people like Mike Terrell, they do tend to be more liberal, and their kids are likely to get better educations too, and end up more likely to be liber als than the children of ignorant rednecks.

There are ways of being useful to society other than digging ditches, as Mi ke Terrell and Jim Thompson have both illustrated, even if they don't know enough to realise that being a reporter is one of them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to