OT: How to interpret credit report?

Yes, but the question is why anybody would declare bankruptcy when they have no assets? That just makes your credit rating worse for 10 years. What is the rationalization?

Reply to
billbowden

It makes the creditors go away with no recourse. They can challenge the bankruptcy and go to court on their own, but that usually fails. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I don't have any cards that charge a fee for cash advances, and I have a bunch of cards.

I've seen ATMs with horrible fees in Las Vegas but that's not what I get through my usual banking ATMs.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

The debt collectors the unsecured debt was sold to have no way of knowing that. They're gonna keep calling and harassing regardless.

Reply to
bitrex

Chapter 7 is essentially the official, legally binding way of proving to one's creditors that they're trying to bleed a stone. They don't just take your word for it.

Reply to
bitrex

Discharging the loans will *improve* your credit score. It'll take a while but it will improve. Keeping the outstanding loans active will haunt you forever. Not to mention the pay-up-deadbeat calls.

Reply to
krw

na there's "free" credit on the fist 30 days on purchases, because they gouge the vendor some crazy percentage on their take.

the don't gouge you on your cash advance so ointerest starts from the first minute.

Jasen Betts

Your cause and effect is all sideways but the bottom line is the same.

Reply to
krw