OT: Hee! Hee!

You residents of the Tax & Spend States deserve it >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

They really know how to stick it to all their wealthy Republican-voting buddies in Massachusetts:

"Not my problem", why would I want to own overpriced property in this frozen tundra, anyway?

But the chances that those folks will decide to all pack up and move to some "Real America" Midwestern hillbilly shithole so they can vote in solidarity for Trump 2020 are slim to none.

Reply to
bitrex

You bet!

Reply to
krw

Both of them? They'll move if they're worried.

Reply to
krw

I have read that before and it does not compute.

Quote "The penalty payers largely earned less than $50,000 a year. They paid the penalty because they found Obamacare unaffordable".

The story is, as usual, short on details and hard data but assuming this is for a married couple filing jointly: Even if they had not kids a bronze plan would cost them almost nothing, maybe a couple of bucks a month. Now how is that more than $470/year? Fake news?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Why are you assuming it's for married people? $470 a year is peanuts compared to any health plan.

Reply to
krw

Right, that's why MA has a Republican governor more often than not in recent memory, there are only two. Bill Weld? Paul Cellucci? Jane Swift? Mitt Romney? 'member them?

Nah, there are plenty of Republicans in Massachusetts, it's just that MA Republicans are a more financially successful and pragmatic sort than the usual evangelical wingnut that comprises the bulk of the rest of the party base. They tend to vote Democrat at the local level because they enjoy the benefits of Democratic leadership in their home counties, e.g. high-performing public schools, but Republican for governor, Senator, and President because they prefer their tax dollars stay local.

And many Democrats also vote Republican for state governor because let's be real most of the above Republicans were generally competent while most of the recent Democratic candidates sucked lemons.

But Republican MA residents definitely don't think any more highly of "Real America" evangelical hillbillies or want their money spent on them any more than they want their money spent on blacks or Hispanics.

Reply to
bitrex

No, no, no, trying not to.

No, that's all you have: left-threaded wingnuts. Even your RINOs.

You mean "RINO".

Right. RINOs have their head stuck just as far up their ass as you do.

Reply to
krw

The deplorables are a generally constantly furious, unpleasant, hypocritical and ill-behaved bunch. Working to somehow appease them is a total waste of effort, it'll never work. Only a matter of time till more of them snap and start shooting up a school or planned parenthood or drive over a few more kids in their Dodge. What can ya do about it really, it is who they are.

Reply to
bitrex

You're projecting again.

Reply to
krw

Ya, I definitely believe that guy who ran a woman down did so after he read an article like that. "They're so mean! The nasty people make nasty jokes n stuff on the internet! I'm not a violent or bad person but they called me names so they must die now"

Reply to
bitrex

You're the proof, shorty.

Reply to
krw

Think about any big leftist coastal city. They are sinkholes with powerlines, gas and product pipelines, ships, thousands of trucks every day keeping those Whole Foods and Pottery Barns full and shipping in wine and kale and varietal coffee beans. What those lawyers and insurance agents and stock brokers contribute to the "hillbillies" is zero or less. Without those deplorable redneck farmers and oil workers and truckers, they would be eating one another in a month.

Most of those urban liberals have nothing but contempt for the people who keep them alive.

There are a lot of coastal urbanites moving to the South. They go for economic reasons and stay because they like it.

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
 Click to see the full signature

What else am I supposed to do with such poorly performed journalism? If the writers aren't competent enough to state the important facts one has to make assumptions.

A guy making 50k a year is not poor and able to afford a regular health plan because he only pays for one person. Even an Obamacare plan in super-pricey California can be had for around $500/mo depending on age. If he thinks it's "unaffordable" he should learn to budget and ditch non-essentials such as the $80 cable bill, the $60 cell phone plan, the new car every few years and so on. Pretty soon there is plenty of money available.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Kale? Phtooei!

Until those people come out in droves to vote like they did in 2016.

Many of my clients are now in ... Texas. No surprise there. To me that just means I have to get up early because their day starts 2h before ours. Many Texans are hardcore. A call during hurricane Harvey went something like this: "Could we also use a normal charge control here ... wait, there is water coming in here ... dang ... well, now, about that charge controller, let's talk about our options for that".

My former employer opted for a rather drastic change. They moved from Rancho Cordova (California) to Coyol (Costa Rica).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Not so much that they came out in droves, it's just that the wingnuts all came out to vote the same way they always do, while non-wingnuts/anyone who votes their conscience rather than whatever dung the usual primary process serves up from time to time found themselves disgusted with the whole mess and either went third-party, or didn't bother to show. Not wanting to vote for Hillary is a perfectly understandable sentiment - hey, I didn't pick her and she'd not have been my choice if anyone had asked.

My impression from the primary process is that both parties are in serious doo-doo from a direction standpoint. A washed up ranting game-show host was literally the best option? I know true believers are very impressed with the tough-talkin' act and don't care much what the rest of the world thinks, but America does have enemies and they must've been chuckling their asses off on election night.

Reply to
bitrex

It's true, 80% of those paying the penalty earn less than $50k.

"Nearly 80 percent of those who paid the fee in 2015 earned less than $50,0

00." e.g.

The subsidies taper off pretty rapidly. A healthy individual (lots of youn g people, for example) wouldn't have much trouble choosing between $5k in almost useless Obamajunk "insurance" with a giant deductible, and the much-cheaper freedom tax.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Are they married or not? If they are they can bet health care for a pittance, less than $470/year.

Link wants me to connect with Facebook or sign up. No way. Another publication for the trash heap.

That is one of the biggest flaw in this stupid Obamacare law. You ake one buck more than the limits and you will be hugely penalized.

Sure, just as I knew people who preferred to buy a fully decked-out Camaro from the "savings" of not having health insurance, pre-Obama. Sorry, but that's their problem. When they get sick, not my problem.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Just read an in jest article about colonoscopy, one quotable line was, Can you write a note to my wife that you didn't see my head up there? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Urban liberals think better of the people in flyover country since their Felonia Milhouse von-Pantsuit went down in flames?

Rather the typical Midwestern work ethic. When it's harvest time, it's harvest time and nothing gets in the way.

I certainly understand that change of venue.

Reply to
krw