OT: Ha! Finally Found Something Not on Wikipedia

Not of wiki.. "Laser Telemetry"

A laser telemeter is an instrument for measuring distance. Using a laser telemeter to measure distance is called laser telemetry.

Reference:

Tool example:

I'd write up a wiki page but there's no cake.

--
D from BC
British Columbia

No shit, Dip Tracy. We used them on the moon decades ago.

No shit, Dip Tracy.

snip

Ya dope. It would be a sub set of LASER, which is an all caps acronym.

It might possibly be argued to be a subset of Telemetry. It shouldn't/doesn't need its own wiki page.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

You probably think Stars Wars lasers fall under laser. Laser mouse has it's own page.

Shit has it's own wiki page.

Shit is not a subset of foul language on a foul language wiki page.

Reply to
D from BC

someone can't spell

The technique was originally deveoped for microwaves, but works with lasers too

Bill Sloman. Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

YOU went to the moon??

You should have stayed there!

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Too late:

John

Yeah but those tools on the wiki range finder page don't look like what manufacturers are calling laser distance measurement meters.

Ex:

The above is not called a laser rangefinder. It's not just fluke that's named these tools. All companies making similiar product use 'laser distance meter' not laser rangefinder.

There's no wiki page on laser distance meter either.

If there is a laser telemetry page. Then perhaps laser rangefinder and laser distance meter might be on the same page. Or laser distance meter might get entered on the laser rangefinder page. Or laser distance meter might get it's own page.

--
D from BC
British Columbia

Wrong... Get updated.. LASER has evolved into a noun.

Is it a LASER printer or a laser printer? Is it a LASER mouse or a laser mouse? Does one buy a LASER pen or laser pen? You probably think it's GROOVY to write LASER from the days when it was an acronym.

You will have difficulty passing as an up-to-date authority on wikipedia when you're not even an up-to-date on the common writing of laser especially when 'laser' has been written in your face for years as opposed to 'LASER'.

Also, grow up and loose the cheap ad hominem tactics. (It's too easy and I did it above.Your disease is spreading.) SED is not a language syntax contest.

--
D from BC
British Columbia

No... you have to listen to DC. It is a telemeter! Bwuahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Still could have been a subset of LASER, and it IS an all caps acronym not a word. Though I am sure that the dopey world we live in has made it a word as well.

No wonder education in America has degraded so severely. Everybody has embraced Dumbonics.

Reply to
life imitates life

Actually, it has ALWAYS been "rangefinder" and only recently has the pants on the ground generation morphed half the terms we use. Likely some pussification about it having military roots.

Reply to
life imitates life

Yes, there is. It is called a LASER rangefinder, as has already been told to you.

Reply to
life imitates life

Groovy is NOT an all caps word, nor is it an acronym, nor was it ever, and yes, you retarded twit, LASER is still an acronym.

Reply to
life imitates life

As far as I know, HP invented Tellurometry, meaning measuring the Earth (aka Tellus). Telemetry is a rather less specific term.

Laser rangefinding is pretty much the same as tellurometry, but doesn =B4t necessarily, or even usually, involve direct time of flight measurement. A couple of round trip phase shift measurements for different modulation frequencies can be unambiguous and tehnically less demanding.

Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I can't believe your so petty to waste your time picking on something that's obviously not a acronym. Are you the type of person that needs to arrange all the tools so they are parallel? Did you miss that I did GROOVY in caps for emphasis. YES! You MISSED that. Or do you prefer Yes! You 'missed' the obvious use of caps for emphasis.

For example: Are you an ENGLISH NAZI? LASER died a long time ago. It's now laser you anal lexicon dictator. If you don't like it then just die so you don't have to whine about it.

--
D from BC
British Columbia

You should examine where I already stated that that is what it has become. It was in the very first post, idiot.

Reply to
life imitates life

So you dumbfuck freak with a fetish for acronyms ...Are you going to write laser or LASER? If not laser then PFO... PFO stands for Please Fuck Off. I made up that acronym cause I was too lazy to make up a new word for you.

You already have LASER in your brain and there's no more room for 'laser'. So bend over and take 'laser' up the ass.

Reply to
D from BC

That is the point, idiot. It still IS in use, and still is a valid word. Your belief that it is not is proof of just how little you know about it, and how arrogantly stubborn you are as a result of your abject stupidity.

Reply to
life imitates life

Absolute proof that you are a total retard.

Reply to
life imitates life

See Nikon's rangefinder. Their "Laser 550" is called a "rangefinder" on their web page. This model is very poplular with hunters.

You can buy this at Cabela's.

I would think that laser telemetry would be for communications, not rangefinding unless they use coded pulses and are trying to be fancy with their marketing terms. Maybe you should make a wikipedia entry for a "LASER distancometer".

Reply to
qrk

Even the USGS calls them rangefinders and they are (can be) VERY accurate. They now do GPS least squares plots and are/have been correcting the topo maps of the US for years. Ever since the evolution of GPS, in fact. Rangefinders are important so that existing benchmark location errors can be corrected in existing topo data sets.

Reply to
life imitates life