OT: "Grave consequences result from the team's hunt for a killer."

I noticed on the TeeVee schedule that there's a two-hour season premiere NCIS tonight, which I'm looking forward to. I wanted to get some idea what the story might be about, so I went to the synopsis page, and all it said was: "Grave consequences result from the team's hunt for a killer."

Good Grief! When _DON'T_ grave consequences result from the team's hunt for a killer????

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Are we sure that the President didn't fire all the writers after they went on strike?

Some of the blurbs added "of one of their own".

My first thought was that the gal on the team has been on there about as long as any chick lasts in that spot on that show.

Looking at the fan forums,

*they* think it's Director Sheperd that's gonna get whacked. (There HAS been a lot of mystery about her lately.)
Reply to
JeffM

"Grave" consequences usually result for the one that is killed...

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

Anybody who actually watched NCIS for two hours straight would certainly risk brain death, which could be a grave consequence for some, though Rich's brain would seem to be sea-green incorruptible.

I understand the the FCC protects the US TV-watcher against this kind of program by insisting on commercial breaks every ten minutes or so. Belgian TV - who air the program locally - do seem to have taken over this wise precaution. Their time-keeping isn't great, so we are sometimes exposed to NCIS for a few minutes when we were expecting something better.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

I had to google "ncis" to find out what this fuss is all about. I don't have much use for tv -- it cuts into the time I spend gazing out the window.

Reply to
gearhead

I find it amusing that there is a TV series based on NCIS. It (and its predecessor NIS) are widely recognized as the worst government- funded law enforcement agency on earth.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Bitch, bitch, bitch.

Do you _ever_ have anything rational to contribute?

And I _LOVE_ these personal attacks - they tell everyone a lot more about you than about me. ;-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You are the one who started a thread about NCIS - which scarcely leaves you in a position to complain about anybody else's irrationality.

Since you regularly tell us all about the various ways in which you damage and disable your brain, it would have been churlish of me not to recognise your capacity for different rationality.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

[snip]

Better yet, go outside. Unless the prison you're in is on lockdown. ;-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.
[some stuff]

Hell, even damaged and disabled, it still works better than yours. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria