OT: "Graduated" Today

OT: "Graduated" Today...

Six weeks of _daily_ radiation and hard-on-the-stomach-nasty chemo :-(

Purty pictures on July 19 to see if I beat it (pancreatic cancer). ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Congratulations and a speedy recovery.

What are they sending you for on the 19th? PET scan or something?

Martin Riddle

Thanks!

CT scan.

My expectations are that I've beat it... strictly thru an unusual stroke of "luck"...

Back in March I was abruptly in hospital with a blocked bile duct... very jaundiced.

Turns out the blocked bile duct was due to the tumor on the pancreas "neck" pressing against the bile duct... which they discovered when they went endoscopically down my throat to stent the bile duct.

"Normally" Pancreatic cancer is the "silent killer" since there's no symptoms.

I "lucked out" by having a secondary symptom whose solution exposed that the tumor was there.

If I didn't have nasty indigestion from the chemo I'd feel quite good... that should go away now over the next few days.

Of course this sort of thing has turned out to have a side benefit... I'm now down to 150# ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

A guy I knew from grade school started to feel sick on his honeymoon. When he got home he found out he had it in his pancreas. He died a few weeks later. He was 26. His widow was killed in Colin Ferguson's shooting spree on the Long Island Railroad a year later.

Don't you go anywhere.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Good luck!

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

150# !, that sounds much too skinny. I hope everything works out for you.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I said a prayer for you.

Thank you,

--
Don, KB7RPU
Reply to

This woman

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

[snip]

Thanks! (I was a wee-bit pudgy at 185-190, feel good now, and can walk briskly if I don't get up from a seated position too fast ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Jim,

You can defeat it Jim, definitely ! You know that !

Habib.

Reply to
habib

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Oh MAN !!! Yes, GREAT luck !

I've had three (3) cancers now but not that one, Jim.

Keep on it and keep the chin up !

boB

Reply to
boB K7IQ

I'm trying my best! Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Good Luck Jimmy, hope the pictures on the 19th are beeeauuuutiful!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Me too ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

"Police charged Colin Ferguson with the rampage. Investigators said handwritten notes were found in his pocket in which he complained of racism by a wide variety of individuals and institutions."

So some black man who feels he's a victim of 'racism' decides to shoot up a train load of innocent people to get even. Words fail me (for once).

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 15:58:10 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote: [...]

Get back to full fitness asap, Jim. Contributors capable of critical thinking are in short supply hereabouts!

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Did you forget bitrex, slowman and bloggs ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"Long live impudence! It is my guardian angel in this world."

"It is important to foster individuality, for only the individual can produce the new ideas."

-Albert Einstein