OT: Global warming in Arizona

And then some.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Keeps the snowbirds away >:-} ...Jim Thompson

2,960F should melt most common metals away too!

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

"Spank"! (sorry,..) All these nice electronics threads, (I guess I can ignore it.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

So, where can we buy Arizona rated solder?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Death Valley, CA ...Jim Thompson

Bad news. The Arizona glaciers will melt and then volcanoes will pop up everywhere. Bullhead City is doomed.

I'm lucky that I live upwind.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Well Volcanoes do cool the earth, So actually its a good thing ;D

Martin Riddle

You may have trouble persuading John Larkin of that. He's been telling us for years that anthropogenic global warming isn't happening, but that if it were it would be a good thing.

He does seem to believe everything that gets posted on denialist web-sites, and re-posted by the Murdoch press when they need a few "scientific" column inches.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I expect a paper soon, blaming increased comet hits on Global Warming.

Someone proposed adding something to jet fuel to seed the stratosphere with soothing, cooling stuff. There's a sorta-fierce debate, amongst the few people who still care about this issue, about prevention (ie, mostly destroying civilization and purging the planet of nasty humans) and mitigation/adaptation.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

CW7!

Reply to
Don Y

ds-article-1.2096348

John Larkin probably does. Comet hits are celestial mechanics (which is pro bably chaotic, though we don't know enough about the Oort Cloud and the Kui per Belt to be sure).

Anthropogenic global warming is strictly local.

John is alluding to the climate engineers, who are game to experiment furth er on the atmosphere in the hope of mitigating what we are already doing, a t the risk of screwing up on an even larger scale.

John gets his ideas about "prevention" - burning less fossil carbon - from denialist propaganda, which is written by people who want to continue to ma ke money out of digging up fossil carbon and selling it as fuel.

Unsurprisingly, they don't share the opinion of the wind and solar energy e xperts, who figure that we can get all the power we use now (and quite a bi t more) from a judicious mix of renewable power sources. If we did it overn ight, we'd double the cost of power (pushing it up from 8% of the US GDP to 16%) but in fact it would take several decades, and the usual efficiencies of scale would halve the cost of building the generators (increase manufac turing volume by a factor of ten and you typically halve the unit price).

So John is just reminding us - again - that he's a sucker for denialist pro paganda.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

...Jim Thompson

Heck, that's not fog. Fog would be when you couldn't see that tree, or those trucks. As if your windows were painted grey. We get that in the summer sometimes.

It's 57F here right now, t-shirt weather, but we have microclimates, so the temp varies a lot, even a few miles away. It's 46 in Truckee,

6400 feet higher.

There's an "atmospheric river" headed in, so if it hits we can snap from drought to floods.