ot flags

I'm up near Lake Tahoe and I'm seeing an unusually large number of American flags, even for a 4th of July. Big flags, little flags, lots of bunting on buildings and decks, girls in tiny stars-and-stripes bikinis, people dressed in red-white-blue outfits. And this is the California side of the lake!

What's it look like elsewhere?

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

onsdag den 4. juli 2018 kl. 23.11.08 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

:)

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

At the beach today there were more RW&B star-spangled swimsuits than I recall in the past. Otherwise about normal. Do people wear flag swimsuits for just one day a year?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I can't see any US flags here in Burnaby, BC, Canada, just a few Canadian flags still up from our July 1st. (ducking)

Happy 4th guys and gals! Try and stay free, eh?

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

craggy inhospitable looking place...was it a bombing range or something in the past?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Well, thanks for the friendly act.

In the USA, all other flags must fly below the Stars and Stripes, but I guess it's OK in furrin' countries.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Looks great to me. Sunny day, nice breeze, lots of green. I bet you can buy beer in that tent.

If you died and went to Paradise, you'd probably complain about that too.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

We're swathed in cheap St George's crosses because there is a large Venn overlap between those who like flags and those who like football.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

onsdag den 4. juli 2018 kl. 23.41.23 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

afaik same rules here, if you want to fly another country's flag you must also fly the Danish flag and that must be on the highest pole

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The Texas flag can fly at the same height.

Reply to
tom

Reply to
bitrex

Ah, beat me to market.

Reply to
bitrex

National Parks are great. We are just on the edge of the Tahoe National Forest, near the Pacific Crest Trail. It's great to get out to town and walk in the woods.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Currently there is still a small chance the Brexit disaster can be mitigated.

If England actually wins the damn competition that will disappear, because the media will convince the football/flag crowd that we are back in 1966, when All Was Good and All Days Were Sunny.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

That's a weird thing to say... Did you not have milk with your Ovaltine this morning?

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Not correct. No other flag shall fly *above* the US flag nor to it's right.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

No, that would be disrespectful. In peacetime at least, allies shall fly at the same level.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Speaking of RW&B, drove 1 of 4 1957 T-Birds in a small-ish parade today. One each, Red, White Blue and on Pink one. Kinda fun actually.

Reply to
boB

Flags are all over, women are wearing red white and blue, and out here in the country it started sounding like a war zone on Sunday. This year has th e most awesome home fireworks I've seen since the late 1980s.

The public displays are back to "good economy" size and duration. Our local big city has been spending less the 15K$ for the same lousy budget set of music and low burst height fireworks choreography for the past four year s. This year the mayor and the business community went to a big traditiona l show again.

I can tell when the economy is bad around here by one sure sign. If Retail businesses and resturants stay open on a major holiday things are bad. This year everything was closed, including most fast food places.

People in Northern Ohio were really spending money on this years Forth.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328