OT: First Day at School

OT: First Day at School, Oldest great-granddaughter...

JL would say "I bet she can't do electronics".

Reply to
lonmkusch

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

George Herold

Reply to
habib

that was in my heyday of income so it was survivable. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

She seems like a really good kid, but then I'm her dad, so biased.

Re expense: I sometimes feel I'm just lucky in life*. I told my daughter (and son) that I expected them to cover 1/3 of their education expenses. But any grants/ scholarships were part of their

1/3. Now Cuomo (my governor) has made state college tuition free if you sign up to work for five years in NY after graduation. That's just what my daughter did which basically covers her 1/3. (~$6k/ yr.) I don't think we could afford a private school.

George H.

*2nd example, The Bush tax cuts went into effect just as our second 'tax deduction' was born... an extra $1k right off the top of my taxes.

Reply to
George Herold

Typical racist response to the realization his grandchildren are Mexican.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

[snip]

Bloggs, you sure are a nasty piece-a-work... or is it piece-a-shit?

Would everyone please killfile bloggs so I don't have to see any responses to his trash-mind. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Enjoy it Jim ! life is short merely the time of an eye blinking.

habib

Indeed! Nothing quite like a trip thru cancer-land to make you appreciate your time on Earth. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

That's a bit rich!

/You/ appear to have been the instigator of a scatological semi-violent statement, viz "So shove it up your loose h*mo ass and get lost!"

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Reply to
Joerg

My granddaughter is a stay-at-home mom.

One of my ALL-TIME favorites (duh-ta-duh ;-)... I like playing it at

110dBm (or at least LOUD ;-), but my wife objects to the dishes shaking in the kitchen cabinets >:-}

Mostly this pre-school is about learning to deal with others.

Olivia will be able to read _before_ she reaches "real" school... "mommy taught"... just like our children (and grand-children) were. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Den fredag den 8. september 2017 kl. 23.57.14 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

110dB SPL is loud, 110dBm is 100MWatt ;)
Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

That's why I appended "(or at least LOUD ;-)"... I couldn't remember :-[ ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Here in CA it is "government-recommended", they are pushing it and then parents do it. Wish they didn't.

AZ isn't all that different:

Quote "... is aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework developed by the Secretary and, as appropriate, State Early Learning Standards".

Pink Floyd predicted that in 1979.

And this, quote, "Programs that integrate children?s home language and home culture result in better overall outcomes for children" is flat wrong. It fosters the development of 2nd class citizens. This is the United States of America and if they aren't fully immersed in English they will strat trailing. This guy really understood but the decision makers have learned nothing:

I know as well because I learned via full immersion. Our English teachers could not speak any German.

Great! She deserve kudos for that. Wish she'd keep Olivia home though and let her explore.

That happens when I play JJ Kale's "Cocaine" even though I never did drugs and never will. It's just a cool song.

That is best learned "in medias res" and not in a school setting. Preferably with some 'hood exposure where the kids have to stand their ground against "less than desirable" characters. Because later in life they'll have to.

Why is that a good thing? I understood English (my 2nd language) to some extent before I ever learned one bit in school. Because I listened to AFN which was the only station playing country music and bluegrass. Didn't make a difference though, I'd have learned it later anyhow when starting in electronics. Which I also did outside of school, they didn't even have classes.

This went on all through university where in the end I hardly ever attended but just sat for all the exams. The real learning took place outside, doing consulting in a similar fashion as today. A side benefit was that I could, in contrast to other students, live fairly high on the hog yet not incur any debt.

An effect that I notice today, big time, but already did among my generation to some extent, is that a lot of people blindly believe whatever teachers and professors taught them. I didn't.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to