OT: Firefox Question

OT: Firefox Question...

Firefox Quantum v59.0.1 on wife's Win7 Pro machine.

I can't figure out how to save a site login.

Unlike on my setup, Firefox ESR v56.2.0, which asks about saving any new login, her version doesn't do that, and I can't find a way to force a save.

Suggestions?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, But the instruction of fools is folly. Proverbs 16:22

I have 59.0 on 7 Ultimate but I don't recall this looking different from earlier versions. Go to the menu button top right, click on options, and then on the left of the screen click on privacy and security. First item on the page is where you turn on and control logins and passwords. I don't use that but hopefully you can make it work :-).

OT: Firefox Question...

Firefox Quantum v59.0.1 on wife's Win7 Pro machine.

I can't figure out how to save a site login.

Unlike on my setup, Firefox ESR v56.2.0, which asks about saving any new login, her version doesn't do that, and I can't find a way to force a save.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, But the instruction of fools is folly. Proverbs 16:22

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Did you try the same web site as her?

Jasen Betts

My old version of Firefox works just fine (on my box), _and_ does provide a "save login" selection.

Her Firefox Quantum v59.0.1 does not.

...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

I'd start here:

John

Reply to
John Robertson

yeah you said that already. and I said this already, please answer this time.

Did you try the same web site as her?

Jasen Betts

Nope. That might be a bit too much of a heavy hammer solution. Too many other settings will be affected. I'm not even sure it will fix the problem as the saved passwords and exception list is preserved during a reset.

There are several ways to confuse the password manager. The first solution below would be my guess(tm) as to the most likely culprit. All one needs to do is accidently click on "Never remember password for this site" and Firefox will never ask for that password again. Dive into the password manager to undo the damage:

"Usernames and passwords are not saved"

"Password Manager - Remember, delete, change and import saved passwords in Firefox"

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com