OT: FBI needs YOUR help to solve emails riddle

Do we have any contributors here who enjoy cryptic crosswords or other forms of lateral thinking puzzles? The massive number of emails published by Wikileaks and found on seized computers is giving the FBI a huge headache. Not just the enormous volume of messages to go through, but the use of guarded, coded language in many of them. Clearly these people were up to no good of some sort or another, but what exactly they were doing requires people who think differently to interpret their hidden meanings. It *looks* like organised paedophilia but no one can be 100% sure. However, the more people who get to see this stuff and are prepared to devote a bit of their time to this issue, the more chance we can work out what precisely it is they're hiding:

Cursitor Doom

I didn't baldly state any such thing. All I'm saying is that these people are obviously up to *something* fishy and what could it possibly be?

I just hope it's something more 'acceptable' like drug dealing, money laundering or arranging false flag terrorist attacks, that's all. Anything but children.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well, the (infowars lol) article you posted sorta heavily implied that was what the emails implied. And, well yeah, you're dealing with the halls of power, and Democrat or Republican, they do regularly stink like two day old room temperature cod.

You'd think the sinister organizers of a mass government child-sex trafficking ring might have been able to devise better ways to communicate their intent than plaintext emails using goofy "codewords" like they're some The Turner Diaries-obsessed domestic terrorists from the early 1990s communicating via snail mail and referring to truck bombs as "piggies" and "turkeys" and stuff.

I agree. Hoping to unload a bunch of forgotten 1990s fad toys for that price is a serious crime by any measure of sanity.

Reply to
bitrex

"Republican zoning supervisor, Boy Scout leader and Lutheran church president Dennis L. Rader of Witchita, Kansas pled guilty to performing a sexual act on an 11-year old girl he murdered."

Was the sex act on the girl before, or after, he murdered her? If it was after, then that's really disturbing. Isn't it?

And the "kid-touchers" list misses a bunch fun guys, like anti-gay activist Christian minister George Rekers.

Buddy L

Obviously not to the juvenile asshole Bitrex who hopefully one day will grow up and get a brain. We can but hope.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

Here's a more complete list: The democrats start about 3/4th the way down the list.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

No surprise. To get into any position of public influence, 'they' need to have dirt on you to ensure you play ball. This is one swamp thats way overdue draining. And it gets worse:

Julian Barnes

The fact that "these people" are up to something fishy is obvious to Cursitor Doom, who is a conspiracy theory freak.

The FBI has already worked out that whatever it might have been, it didn't have anything to do with Hillary Clinton. That was quick, but probably not quick enough to undo the drop in her approval rating before tomorrow.

Cursitor Doom is ever so charitable.

--
Bill Soloman, Sydney
Reply to

Julian Barnes is posing as a grown-up asshole. His hopes of getting a brain are long gone, as he proves by his endless stream of lame pro-Trump propaganda.

Pity about the prophecy that the latest trove of e-mails was going to prove that Hillary Clinton was involved in something illegal. The FBI has already been able to rule that out.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

J. Edgar Hoover was gay, and used the FBI to collect as much dirt as possib le on politicians in general so that he could respond in kind to any attemp t to blackmail him. The FBI would never have stooped to entrapment to get t he dirt they needed, but the Russian intelligence agencies were less scrupu lous - I read abot it in "The Reader's Digest" so it must be true.

I can't wait to see what's been collected (or created) to keep Donald Trump under control. It may not be all that plausible, but it's very likely to b e extremely funny.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Read a bit and find "Another red flag: the asking price is just below $10K, and according to the Bank Secrecy Act, anyone who receives more than $10K in a cash transaction must report the exchange to the IRS."

This is typical misleading BS. The act specifies CASH (READ the quote, dunderhead), as in bills,and change; *NOT* checks as they are self-documenting WRT source and destination. And every doofus ASS-u-MEs "any" transaction.

Use a little ingenuity to learn more about the subject: Find out (and maybe get a blank copy) of a CTR (which the quote indirectly alludes to), and do the same for a STR (similar). In some banks, they will go hyper if you ask about these "secret" documents and in others either the teller really does not know what they are (and they are _supposed_ to know),or flat out lie.

Reply to
Robert Baer