OT: Excerpt from the Constitution

From the Constitution of the United States of America...

"Section. 2. The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

Anyone NOT get that last part: "HE SHALL HAVE POWER TO GRANT REPRIEVES AND PARDONS FOR OFFENCES AGAINST THE UNITED STATES, EXCEPT IN CASES OF IMPEACHMENT"

Irrespective of any media bullshit, Trump's actions are NOT fascist... only the media's crap is fascist. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Just because he can, doesn't mean it's the ethical thing to do.

Reply to
lonmkusch

[snip]

Your leftist twisted "ethics"? Those that kowtow to ANTIFA crap?

Cite to me where, in the Constitution, your opinion matters >:-} ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Who cares, all Trump did was piss off even more judges and DOJ officials to please an 85 year white supremacist who likely never would have done any time regardless and some geriatric Arizona bootlickers who already worship DT as the Second Coming anyway.

Go 'head, pardon Timothy McVeigh while you're at it. The KKK is a super-important election demographic.

Reply to
bitrex

The US constitution regulates the interaction between the governed and the governing. It does it rather badly.

Bitrex is a member of the group being governed, and his opinion does matter.

As evidenced by the process that lead to the US constitution being written in the first place, if the governing class don't pay enough attention to the opinions of those being governed, they end up ceasing to be the governing class.

Trump pardoning Sheriff Joe is definitely an act calculated to upset a lot of the people being governed. It made Jim happy, which isn't a good sign.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

[snip sig left by amateur user of a newsreader]

Like all leftists you editorialize to suit your twisted agenda.

The odds of Trump pardoning McVeigh are negative.

Your ignorance is underwhelming.

I bet off-hand you can't even recite the very basics of the court case and the general arguments thereto... n'est-ce pas??

As for pissing off judges appointed by Obama... let the good times roll... it's time for a slew of judicial impeachments. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Thinking outside the box...producing elegant & economic solutions.

Splitting is pretty fascist :-(

Reply to
bitrex

Every fascist in modern history likely at some point operated more-or-less within the accepted bounds of the legal documents governing the powers of their office. Big deal. It's not like anyone can point to a precise time like 9:37 PM on a Thursday in November when Dictator X stopped being a legal governing official and started being a dictator.

In any case I'm sure it's trivially easy to find some media outlet somewhere who will call your politician of choice a "fascist" nowadays. Oh look, here's an article that calls _both_ Obama and Trump fascists.

Like "nazi" or "hater" or "leftist" or "feminist the term has become genericized to the point that it's basically lost all meaning. Yeah, who isn't.

Reply to
bitrex

.

The fact that Trump action is permitted by the US constitution doesn't prev ent it from being fascist - whatever that may mean.

One ill-informed right-wing pardoning another right-winger who doesn't seem to have known US law, let alone know how it was supposed to work, is the k ind of right-wing cronies helping one another that is characteristic of fas cist regimes, but also of a whole lot of other regimes that don't pay that much attention to legal niceties.

As if Jim doesn't do that. Jim's agenda is twisted in a different way from Bitrex's, and it may be that all the "twist" in Bitrex's agenda that Jim pe rceives comes from warped nature of Jim's agenda, but why buy into that.

McVeigh being safely dead, this is right. It wouldn't buy Trump the good op inion of any of his deplorables.

Not that Jim knows enough to be able to call anybody else ignorant, or more fact of which Jim is not aware.

This is generally accessible information. Who but an idiot would memorise i t?

Jim-out-of=touch-with-reality-Thompson at the peak of his form.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

.

The fact that Trump's action is permitted by the US constitution doesn't pr event it from being fascist - whatever that may mean.

One ill-informed right-winger pardoning another right-winger who doesn't se em to have known US law, let alone know how it was supposed to work, is the kind of "right-wing cronies helping one another" antic that is characteris tic of fascist regimes, but also of a whole lot of other regimes that also don't pay that much attention to legal niceties.

As if Jim doesn't do that. Jim's agenda is twisted in a different way from Bitrex's, and it may be that all the "twist" in Bitrex's agenda that Jim pe rceives comes from warped nature of Jim's agenda, but why buy into that?

McVeigh being safely dead, this is right. It wouldn't buy Trump the good op inion of any of his deplorables.

Not that Jim knows enough to be able to call anybody else ignorant, one mor e fact of which Jim is unaware.

This is generally accessible information. Who but an idiot would memorise i t?

Jim-out-of=touch-with-reality-Thompson at the peak of his form.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
bill.sloman

On 08/28/2017 01:51 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote: ]

David Duke, maybe.

Reply to
bitrex

Or anywhere, on Earth?

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Any group that is extreme either way doesn't represent me nor I'd suspect m ost Americans. You however seem to bow to an extreme-right ideology.

What I find surprising here is despite all the Republicans who have voiced their disapproval of Trump's pardon, they are somehow backstabbing, traitor ous people. He pardoned a person who willfully ignored a judge's orders. I don't care who appointed him; a judge follows the law, and what this guy was doing was essentially racial profiling.

So before going and accusing me of having "twisted" ethics, take a look at the camp that agrees with you.

Take your smug attitude and shove it. It goes both ways buddy.

Reply to
lonmkusch

.

A question that Mike Terrell could also ask himself.

In as far as Mike Terrell's opinion mostly seems to be a "me-too" to Jim-ou t-of-touch-with-Reality-Thompson's opinion, the only people interested woul d seem to be students of pathological psychology, and since this user-group alone provides enough cannon-fodder for numerous Ph.D. theses (each more b oring than the last) the correct answer in Mike's case would seem to be nob ody. I'm a nobody, so there's the QED.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Smug amused superiority or abusive righteous indignation are the only attitudes on offer I'm afraid, you'll need to pick one lol

Reply to
bitrex

"In the end, the winning argument was the Federalist position that executive pardons were necessary to correct miscarriages of justice."

Trump's actions are exactly the kind of abuse the framers argued against. In the case of Arpaio, he's not worth the expense of jailing, a complete non-entity and a non-event.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

There is a sound Constitutional argument that Contempt of Court can only result in punishment after a jury trial.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com
[snip]

Interesting point. I've never had the courage to abuse a judge, but I've had a lot of fun taunting attorneys in patent panel/deposition/court who _thought_ they understood electronics >:-}

They're the perfect 'straight man' to dump on. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Antifa's war cry, "No Trump, no wall, no USA at all!" Victory for Antifa would be the destruction of society.

-Hector Morenco (@hectormorenco) August 28, 2017

Right, picking on folks who can hit back just as hard is never much fun.

Reply to
bitrex

The attorneys could... IF they were competent... they weren't... they're not supposed to ask a question they don't already know the answer to... trying to trip me up on a circuit *I* designed... that's plain foolish.

Are you really an attorney ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson