OT: Europe is Bankrupt

Off-balance sheet debts dwarfing GDP in every EU country and it can't go on indefinitely!

The EU is bust.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

You're not paying attention... the solution is obviously more immigrants >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

If you want to see real debt:

Instead of posting useless OT posts.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Reply to
bitrex

Gonna need more Nixies pretty soon!

Reply to
bitrex

Russia Today likes to think so. Sadly, Cursitor Doom's addled brain hasn't noticed that it isn't the size of the debt that busts you, it's some creditor demanding to be paid.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

We can wait until another Democrat gets elected. Given their attitude the other night, it might be a while, though.

Reply to
krw

t go

No need for that. Democrats increase the US national debt by spending more, while Republicans increase it by collecting less in taxes.

George W Bush bears a lot of the responsibility for the rise in the US nati onal debt during Obama's presidency - Dubbya should have caught the sub-pri me mortgage crisis earlier, and engineered a softer landing for the US home

-building bubble and his failure to manage that left Obama to manage the Gr eat Recession, which did involve a lot of deficit-funded stimulus spending to nurse the economy back into shape.

Dream on. As long as Trump continues to act like a petulant nine-year old, and the Republicans keep on chickening out on dumping him, the Democrat's c hances remain excellent. Since the Republicans couldn't find a candidate at tractive enough to trump Trump in 2017, their chances in 2021 don't look gr eat.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

n't go

e, while Republicans increase it by collecting less in taxes.

tional debt during Obama's presidency - Dubbya should have caught the sub-p rime mortgage crisis earlier, and engineered a softer landing for the US ho me-building bubble and his failure to manage that left Obama to manage the Great Recession, which did involve a lot of deficit-funded stimulus spendin g to nurse the economy back into shape.

It was not Dumbya, it was that sex maniac Clinton who signed off on deregul ating the finance industry. Bush personally wanted something done to regula te the investment banking industry, especially these mortgages packaged as investment instruments, but was told it would never happen so didn't bother .

, and the Republicans keep on chickening out on dumping him, the Democrat's chances remain excellent. Since the Republicans couldn't find a candidate attractive enough to trump Trump in 2017, their chances in 2021 don't look great.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

te:

e:

can't go

ore, while Republicans increase it by collecting less in taxes.

national debt during Obama's presidency - Dubbya should have caught the sub

-prime mortgage crisis earlier, and engineered a softer landing for the US home-building bubble and his failure to manage that left Obama to manage th e Great Recession, which did involve a lot of deficit-funded stimulus spend ing to nurse the economy back into shape.

ulating the finance industry. Bush personally wanted something done to regu late the investment banking industry, especially these mortgages packaged a s investment instruments, but was told it would never happen so didn't both er.

Dubbya did want to use the house price bubble as an excuse to gut the CRA

which wasn't remotely the source of the problem, but lost interest when he could not get any support for that initiative.

The finance industry had been lobbying to get itself deregulated for many y ears, and finally managed to bribe enough legislators to get what they want ed when Clinton was in power. Clinton was too much of practical politician to try to do a King Canute on the issue.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Be advised that the US is worse off; better at lies, especially with his "T"ness helping.

Reply to
Robert Baer

IIRC all the big four ratings agencies are American so I'm sure that helps somewhat!

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

About 12 days. LOL