OT: End of America arrives..

Quote from S&A Digest Premium:

This is it? The 10-year U.S. Treasury market is beginning to collapse. The debt crisis that began in 2007 is now set to continue. Individuals, nations, and corporations don't become wealthy and powerful by going into debt. Everyone knows this? But this reality has been warped by drastic efforts to manipulate our system of money and banking.

Even so, these facts remain: Americans owe more money, collectively, than ever before in our history ? far, far, far more. We owe at every level: $17 trillion at the federal level; $13 trillion in mortgages; another trillion in student loans; nearly $3 trillion in state and local government debt. Put all of these numbers together and you end up with a $60 trillion pile of obligations. That's nearly four years' worth of our entire country's total production.

To make sense of the numbers, just take a bunch of the zeroes away. Put these facts into a storyline that's become all too common in America. Our economy is like a tattooed thug living in Detroit. In between burning broken-down cars and selling crack, he makes $16,000 a year working "security" at a local nightclub. Outside of busting heads, he has no real skills.

And why would he want to work hard to acquire them? Thanks to his public school education, he is convinced other people have a moral obligation to provide for him? especially rich people. They will give him health care, a clean apartment, a phone, etc. In his worldview, that's what's fair.

And if they won't? He's got no qualms about firing first and taking what he needs. After all, they owe him. For now though, he's doing great.

The Korean grocer up the street gave him a credit account. In only a few short years, he's run up a $60,000 tab. What are the chances he's going to drastically cut his expenses, work hard to get a promotion, and find a way to repay these debts? Zero. What are the chances he ends up knocking over the Korean grocer and teaching him something about life in America?

You may object to my metaphor. But believe me, it's far more accurate than most people are comfortable talking about. We live in a country that's coming apart at the seams ? financially, culturally, morally, and spiritually. The reason is simple. We have collectively become addicted to living way, way beyond our means.

My favorite example about how absurd our debts have become? The state of New Jersey still owes $110 million for a football stadium (Giants Stadium) that was demolished in 2010. It won't retire this debt until 2025.

Similar debts exist on defunct or torn-down stadiums in Houston, Kansas City, Memphis, Seattle, and Pittsburgh. These stadiums are physical reminders of the absurd promises the government has made to its citizens.

On top of the debt it now owes, our federal government has promised its citizens $124 trillion of additional benefits. That's more than $1 million per citizen. That's not only more money than we could ever finance with tax revenues, it's considerably more money than all of the privately owned assets in the United States (roughly $99 trillion).

Keeping this lie alive? the lie that we can afford our debts (or even our defunct stadiums)? has become the most important national goal. That's why everything stops when Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke speaks. Our obsession with Fed policy statements is the best proof I have that we're far more concerned with maintaining "The Great Lie" than we are at actually building a better real economy.

Have you ever told a big lie? Did you ever exaggerate something to hide a weakness or insecurity? Or maybe you lied to cover a big mistake you'd made. Did you get away with it? Or did maintaining the lie suddenly consume all of your attention and energy?

Seemingly forgotten in our obsession to maintain the fiction of our solvency are the huge costs of lying, running our country on Asian loans, and keeping the printing press churning. Nobody notices that the purchasing power of the dollar is down by almost 50% in the last 10 years? or that real wages have been falling since the early 1970s? or that almost half of the able-bodied men in our country no longer work. Nobody mentions that most of the students at most of the urban schools in our country either don't graduate or can't achieve test scores above minimum standards. Sooner or later, the consequences of our lies will fall upon us.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Why do you waste bandwidth posting this nonsense here?

There must be some user group specifically for right-wing nitwits ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The reason is far more complex than this.

Reply to
bulegoge

On a sunny day (Sun, 23 Jun 2013 03:40:55 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Bill Sloman wrote in :

OK, maybe he DID count those printer port pins the wrong way around, never got an answer to that.. OTOH (or the same H), IIR that in NY a shopkeeper would blast your head off if you made it out of the shop with as much a a stolen bags of chips. So why would Korean shopkeeper go to that much trouble?

It is Sunday morning, and clearly the end of the world is here, remember the French beheaded (leftist club???) their rulers, and now unrest in Turkey, Brasil, Syria, eeh Middle East, where not actually? Before WW2 in Spain Germany tested its weapons on the people, oh yes unrest in Spain, leftists again, so now there will be 'weapons never seen before in the east' I have read on Usenet... plus those send by Europe and the US, Israel may get nervous too. Collapse of the system that keeps the sandwiches in the shops, rice and beans, slaughter cats and dogs and horses (well not many left of those but plenty of cats and dogs here) for meat.

So the time of free by-passes to keep leftists alive is almost over... even gold is low, bribing Russia with high oil prices does not make them give way it seems, you there in the outback.. maybe the radiation levels will remain a bit lower or are you back in oops lowlands again?

Bill, you are too old to participate in a revolution, so be nice.

I just got my gas-mask in yesterday and did some training breathing through the Russian filter. I am prepared... I love these things, now I can head the streets without fear for tear gases... Come to think of it bullet proof vests should be next, helmet I already have. Hell Bill, you could not live with that gas mask for an hour your heart would stop because of lack of oxygen, breathing is not easy with that, throwing Molotov cocktails at the same time or any physical exercise would kill them leftist on the spot. Surrender now Bil!! ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I thought you quit this group

Reply to
bulegoge

I used to think that Jim Thompson was out of touch with reality, but you seem to be even further away with the (asexual) fairies.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

OK; i have some serious questions: (1) do you know how to read, (2) do you know how to reason, (3) how many wars can the taxpayers (appx 47 percent of population) can we tolerate, (4) how many TENS OF TRILLION dollars can we "create" without serious consequences, (5) how much of the Constitution can be trashed before you wake up (taxes was the first as was never ratified, stealing gold from population, etc to more recent treating people like criminals (TSA) and unlimited & unrestrained snooping into personal affairs, Need i go on??

Reply to
Robert Baer

Slowman is one grade dumber/crazier than Phyllis... just killfile him.

Though I must say, think positive... a depression will foment a civil war... enjoy >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Have to agree with Bill's original answer, why post all that crap on a supposed electronics group ????

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

You have some questions, but nobody in their right mind would take them seriously. In answer to the first question, I obviously do know how to read, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to react to your idiot posting.

You go downhill from there ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Though I must say, think positive... a depression will foment a civil

I wonder who would have the pleasure of shooting Jim before he got around t o his oft-repeated promise to start shooting his more left-wing neighbours?

It's one - unpleasant - thing to contemplate shooting your neighours when s ociety falls apart. It's another - remarkably stupid - thing to warn them t hat this is what you are planning before society has started to fall apart.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

There are plenty of places to post loony tunes. I suggest alt.teabagger.batshitcrazy

Reply to
miso