OT: Embedded firmware developer needed ASAP 3-6 mo. contract

Due to a surge in new projects, we have an immediate need for an experienced embedded firmware developer.

Most of the work will be writing code for the PIC18F8720 or similar 8-bit micro in C and Assembler. Experience in I2C, SPI, RS485, USB, MIL1553 desireable as well as excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.

These are down and dirty electronics development projects requiring familiarity with realtime control of embedded digital and analog electronics. Please do not respond unless you are very comfortable troubleshooting circuits at the component level with an oscilloscope and debugger in a fast - paced research and development lab environment.

We expect the current need to last approx. 90 to 120 days, but follow on projects are a very real possibility. This work will take place in the Los Angeles, Ca. area. Due to the nature of the work and the team integration required, off site telecommuting is not an option.

Please respond to:

Bob Stephens Principal Design Engineer DCX-CHOL Enterprises, Inc. snipped-for-privacy@dcxchol.com

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Well, you had me until there.

Reply to
Richard Henry

The point I was trying to convey is that these are not theoretical exercises - no dilettantes need apply.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

Too bad I'm in Britain...

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Have you considered using an FPGA with I2C, 32-bit processor, SPI and RS-485 embedded? If you need a lot of real-time processing, memory control, etc ... might be the way to go.

Thanks,

Frank Raffaeli

Frank Raffaeli

I would hope that these down and dirty electronics development projects are not the mainstream MIL, Aerospace and Subsea products featured on their web-site.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095