OT: Electing Judges...

Comments? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Judges are too political now. Electing them just makes them that much more so.

Reply to
krw

You shoot from the hip. Read the article. There are surprises in there. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

I did. That's the reason against. It likely doesn't matter much for traffic court judges, though.

Reply to
krw

So you "read" it, but didn't comprehend. Sheeeesh!

Don't feel bad (I'm sure you won't ;-)... none of the lefties here responded... there was no headline they could twist into a propaganda bloviation... so they moved on. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Stay out of court and judges won't matter.

Design some electronics with the time you save.

lunatic fringe electronics

I do. Actually never been to court (except as a juror... twice). Been in a lot of patent arbitrations... and once in chambers where I had to sue an asshole builder... I won... big time >:-}

My post was put forth because a very neat judge is interviewed. An extraordinarily fair judge, who wallops bad offenders, yet is more gentle with those who make dumb mistakes... a true Libertarian, yet Constitutionalist, who is great fun to talk to... my son-in-law ;-)

I do. Probably DESIGN quite a bit more than you do... I'm not restricted to off-the-shelf components ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

What's the alternative, Jim? Do you make your own?

Cursitor Doom

I have in the past... now most foundries won't let me play like I used to.

On my home page, where it says, "MSEE, Arizona State University", at the end of that line, move the mouse pointer until it turns into a hand... click... click, open my Master's Thesis... those JFET's were made with my diddling N+ emitter diffusion position relative to P-base.

I can't get a foundry today to do that again... I have a client in need of a low-noise JFET input stage. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.