OT: Eco-Warrior Gets Pwned by Veteran News Presenter!

Real America has way more to fear from heart disease and pancreatic/colon cancer than they do from immigrants

Reply to
bitrex

holier-

t. And this phony claim about having a choice insofar as what food they can eat is a total lie. You'll eat what big ag tells you to eat , or you can g o starve. How dumb are you?

The Atlantic is a little wider than the English Channel, and it would take a lot more boats to ship the same volume of food across the Atlantic than i s now shipped across the Channel.

The Californian wine you could buy in the UK when we lived there wasn't gre at. Australian wine had a lot more of the market, and quite a bit of the go od stuff made it to the UK - there are a lot more Americans than Australian s and rather less of the good stuff gets out of California.

It's more likely that cheap electric power plays the crucial role.

The UK has mousetrapped itself into an unfortunate situation. Hysteria isn' t a productive reaction (and consequently not all that popular with the peo ple who have to knuckle down and come up with some kind of more or less pra cticable solution). Finding it funny is schadenfreude.

Since the US elected Donald Trump as it's president, they may be paying mor e attention to other peoples stupid choices.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

When you write apologist comments which back up the so-called "settled and accepted science" you invite a future scenario where you and I will be eating insects for protein whilst the likes of the odious brat in the video will be feasting on the finest quality lamb, beef, pork and chicken. Jeez, have none of you people read Animal Farm??

Cursitor Doom

Ever worry that in a future scenario you might be called upon to sneak into Mordor to drop the One Ring of Power into a firey pit of lava to defeat the dark lord Sauron and return peace to the realm of Middle Earth?

Jeez, have none of you people read The Lord of the Rings?

Reply to
bitrex
[...]

I should also remind you that I provided documentary evidence, which you were able to verify for yourself, that the level of CO2 in the atmosphere has remained steady at 400ppm for at least as long as the first automobiles were commercially produced. But you choose to ignore any evidence that doesn't accord with your prejudices.

If AGW were true, then why did the University of East Anglia have to falsify their findings in order to please those who paid them to undertake the research?

Read about the lying bastards here:

Cursitor Doom

Any fool can concoct lying documents, and a gullible idiot like Cursitor Doom is gullible enough to take them seriously.

I have this distinct prejudice in favour of scientific evidence from organisations who don't exist to peddle lying propaganda for money.

They didn't. Climategate was invented by the denialist propaganda industry.

Dated 28 Nov 2009

Cursitor Doom has put his faith in a rather nasty piece of work.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

A document from a completely impeachable source. There was also a funny little insect that got the reputation of going a mile a minute... because of some casual remark that got taken WAY too seriously

The best evidence is trapped bubbles in Arctic (Antarctic?) ice, for historic CO2 , and doesn't confirm the number you claim to believe.

Critical reading skills are important. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or not at all"

Reply to
whit3rd

Greenland ice cores took us back about 100,000 years ago, and Antarctic ice cores to about 800.000 years ago.

As Cursitor Doom has told us. He seems to think that he has them.

Cursitor Doom seems to drink deeply from denialist propaganda sources, and rejects all others.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Apr 23, 2019, Cursitor Doom wrote (in article ):

I downloaded the East Anglia data back in the day, and explored the corpus of emails. There definitely were some emails that demonstrated unscientific behavior - apparently, the end justified the means. The Telegraph has a related series of articles.

. TheClimatic Research Unit folk were also worried about the likely political effects of what we now call the Climate Hiatus, where measured temperatures ceased to follow the hockey-stick curve, instead becoming almost constant. Their assessment of the politics was prescient.

.

. Professor Jones being grilled:

.

. People have spun the stolen emails from East Anglia many ways, and the area has become thoroughly muddled, with everybody insisting that only they have the one true summary. Time for the original source:

.

find it. I used a programmers text editor, BBEdit, one that could search a group of files at once without having to open each file in turn.

. By the way, the issue here is not whether Climate Change is or is not true. .

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

  • Remember, each and every religion is the one and only true religion....

Time for the original source:

Reply to
Robert Baer

area

have

The bottom line is that the e-mails were reviewed by several groups who did know enough about what academics do, and are supposed to do, to be able to come to useful conclusions. None of them thought that e-mails revealed any questionable activity. Climate change denialists have stuck with the concl usion that they like.

is a book by a UK science journalist - Fred Pearce - who, like pretty much all UK science journalists, doesn't know much about science. He didn't thin k that the scientists involved had ever tried to mislead anybody, but he di dn't much like the way they'd gone after a denialist editor who had worked his way onto the editorial board of a peer-reviewed climate science journal and subsequently ignored the peer-reviews he'd received and published a th oroughly bad paper whose content suited the denialist propaganda machine.

Fed Pearce was thinking in terms of freedom of opinion, which isn't appropr iate in this context.

Not strictly true. Muslims regard Jews and Christians as "people of the boo k".

And anthropogenic global warming isn't a religious issue, but rather a scie ntific hypothesis which happens to be supported by a lot of scientific evid ence.

Climate change denial isn't a religion either, but rather a commercial oper ation designed to let the fossil carbon extraction industry go on making mo ney out of extracting fossil carbon and selling it as fuel for a long as po ssible, even though the process is damaging our environment.

Robert Baer is a Baer of very little brain, and this all goes over his head .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

60Mb of lies and collusion.

Cursitor Doom

"Eight committees investigated the allegations and published reports, finding no evidence of fraud or scientific misconduct."

The denialist propaganda machine could use selective quotation and active text-chopping to concoct the story they wanted to peddle, but it was all nonsense, but the kind of nonsense that makes Cursitor Doom happy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But why would I need to look at all that text? Find ONE lie, it might be worth examining a bit of the (stolen) messages.

As for 'collusion', any organization that hosts e-mail is involved in cooperative work, what is your objection to that? Don't bother with the inconsequentials, or with a 'summary', if you can't point to anything problematic, just admit you've got nothing.

Reply to
whit3rd

You forgot minerals. The land has seen so much overuse that it produces foo ds devoid of any minerals except for what the plant needs, i.e. with what t hey feed it. to feed it comprehensively would be cost prohibitive.

In the old days some minerals were provided to the livestock by means of sa lt, which was unrefined unlike the useless garbage ion the kitchen table to day. Now that that is getting hard to get (I know because I need to repleni sh my stock and having trouble finding it) they use a comprehensive mineral supplement.

Animals need more minerals than plants, without those supplements the stock would die before hitting market weight. It's not like they do it for us. I n fact the FDA has rules about that now and the farms wanted to halt the su pplements when it was soon to slaughter, pigs notably.

You may want to ask why pigs but not cows, I have no idea, it could be a co nspiracy or it could just be a matter of cost. whatever it was the governme nt actually did the right thing and told them to go f*ck off.

If you want to be a vegetarian, or especially a vegan it would to you well to research all this and get a diet plan that covers all the bases. There a re 24 minerals recognized as essential, and many believe quite a few more a re at least beneficial.

Most of these minerals we need very little, but none is very bad.

There is a ton of evidence out there for those who know how to look.

Reply to
jurb6006

as the rabid Brexiteers seem incapable of understanding. "

You ate before the EU, who you trying to kid ? Or fool into staying in an unhealthy agreement for the country ?

Reply to
jurb6006

And half the people can't absorb them in that form.

Reply to
jurb6006

unhealthy agreement for the country ?

The UK used to import its food from the British Empire, which became the Br itish Commonwealth, before it joined the EU. One of the side-effects of the British entry into the EU was that Tasmania's apple orchards lost their m ain customer and got abandoned or plowed up.

Getting that system working again after a hard Brexit may take a while.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

And half those who are able to take them at the wrong point and they end up passing straight through them undigested / not absorbed.

One must eat vitamins AFTER a large meal. I have seen xrays of body builders' colon full of vitamins that went through them like corn kernels.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

[...]

Sea salt is not hard to find, nor are salt licks. What exactly were you loo king for?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr