OT: Did Congress Really Do That?

Are we sure she's a woman, though, and not some fashion of human-cyborg hybrid?

My guess as to her 21st century starsign is Myers Briggs personality type "INTJ":

Logical. Efficient. Not fully human.

Reply to
bitrex

Seems unlikely. Nobody has made any fuss about having put together any kind of human-cyborg hybrid, and paraplegic's would be delighted if somebody could do it for them.

You'd have to be illogical and inefficient to be "fully" human? No blatant defects equals no charm? Seems irrational to me.

I've met a few of the type, and while being clear-sighted does tend to make people impatient with the less clear-sighted, they do tend to be clear-sighted about social as well as technical questions, and socially deft in consequence.

The English define a gentleman as somebody who is never unintentionally rude, and the INTJ type would never be unintentionally brutal. I don't think that Hillary Clinton is quite up to that standard.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

As one of their very first actions, the Republicans o f the House voted

e of Congressional Ethics. Trump used the

tive Tweet power and got them to reverse themselves.

--

g, the story has been misrepresented by the "fake news " main stream media. The original legislation requires that the authority of the office be renewed by each n ew Congress, so they didn't do anything special by vot ing on it. The office does not and never did have the authority to enforce ethics rules, all it did was inde pendently investigate and report on allegations of eth ics violations and then forward the results to the Hou se Ethics Committee which has the enforcement authorit y. All the GOP did was make some minor rule changes re garding publicizing information pertaining to ongoing investigations, they did not "gut" anything. The Offic e of Congressional Ethics is a Pelosi creation so you know that means it's a bunch of worthless garbage. The ir record has been investigations mainly directed at D emocrats and not Republicans, and they're just a bunch of hot air, they will never catch anything big. The r eal bad actors in Congress and on their staffs sabotag e the office by inundating them with anonymous fabrica tions of corruption to keep them too busy to go after anything real.

on the story. I didn't get this from

e new reports. This was carried on *every* mainstream media

t is under the rule changes

e under the purview of the Ethics Committee which

is 100% congressmen. The Office of Congressional Ethi cs would not be

s without approval by the Ethics

effect the foxes would be in charge of the hen house.

nal Ethics as a partisan

estigated Democrats as well as Republicans.

early you are no supporter of Congressional ethics.

now, the OCE does not refer cases to prosecutors, they report to the House Ethics Committee and they do the referring. A lot of their stuff doesn't get referred a nywhere, it's trivial little slap on the wrist stuff. You also have a funny idea of the law, reporting disco very of criminal activity is not a discretionary autho rity, it is a duty under the law. How thick are you th at you haven't realized the mainstream media are a let hal combination of corruption and ignorance. All the b ig players need to be put out of business, they are a faux media.

I see. I think I understand now. The Republicans approved a measure that would do nothing regarding the Office of Congressional Ethics but fo r no reason a lot of people got up in arms about it an d the Republicans backed off and killed the measure some of them saying they would take care of it later on.

Got it. Republicans are good at doing nothing and *that* is what people were complaining about?

--

Rick C
Reply to