OT - Cutting chromed steel wire.

I need to cut down a Gridwall panel, it's made of chromed 6mm steel wire. Cutting is the easy part, but it's for the occasionally steamy kitchen, and the cut ends could rust.

Would tinning the cut ends help, or would that do something bad to the chrome or steel?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Seems easy to solder onto chrome so I reckon that would be a good move, a dab of flux on each end followed with a humungus iron for fast tinning :_)

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Get a little bottle of appliance touch-up paint. It's nasty, smelly, sticky paint, but makes a durable washable coat on a variety of bare metal blemishes.

Reply to
whit3rd