OT Curious problem.

I just installed ACAD 14 into a box running W2K pro, and everything works fine except no drawing cursor is visible.

I've tried changing the background colors and the cursor colors, but no luck.

I've also tried drawing using the keyboard to type in commands and coordinates, and that works.

I also have ACAD 12 installed in the same machine and it works perfectly.

Any clues?

Thanks,

JF

Reply to
John Fields

What is current cursor set at?

Use CURSORSIZE command and examine default (###). Specify a new one (e.g., 100 for full screen)

CURSORSIZE :

You might also rename ACAD14.CFG (IIRC, ACAD will create a new one if it doesn't find yours -- with "good"? defaults)

I've had problems getting *tablets* working reliably in the past. I suspect it may be related to my desktop size (?)

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Can you go to control panel and select 'mouse'. Then select 'Pointer Options' There should be a box that says "Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key". If so, check it. Then try your ACAD again and press CTRL. If you don't see a collapsing circle on the screen, the cursor is off screen.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

--
100
Reply to

Well, so much for *that* idea! :>

Then I guess it wasn't good *enough*! (I *think* that's the file that fixes most SNAFUs :< )

(sigh) I don't have my W2Ks box on at the moment (ahhh... delightfully quiet in the office! :> ). I'll try to light it up later (busy loading the car for a trip) and see what jogs my memory.

Are you just opening ACAD by itself (i.e., not even looking at a drawing)? Or, is this symptom present when you are trying to view an old "12" drawing, etc.?

Reply to
D Yuniskis

--
When I open R14 everything is perfect except for the invisible drawing
cursor.

Did you verify the R14 settings for Layout Regen Cacheing? I wonder if that's the problem.

What O/S? Dual monitors? Hardware or Graphics Accelerators? Paperspace, Modelspace, or both? Can you see a selection box if you drag one out on screen?, even if you can't see the cursor? Might check your UCS origin, and colors (same as background?) but I doubt that the culprit. (?)

Can you open an older drawing (one you know works, maybe even one of the samples) and get things to work? Maybe you have an XREF drawing attached to your template (which would be weird, but probably not impossible!), and it's hosed for some reason?

I had a weird problem similar to what you describe, but for me, reinstalling the tablet driver fixed it. Not sure why.

Good luck!!

Reply to
mpm