OT: court question

I know many people here have legal experiences.

I have a case hearing in LV District Court (Appeal Court) in December. I e xpect to appeal at least partially to the Nevada Supreme Court as well as s tarting Federal Court action. If i am suing the Nevada Court and State of Nevada, can I start in Federal Court in parallel or do I need to wait for N SC decision and appeal to the USC?

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

This is definitely the sort of stuff you need to consult a lawyer about. Not just any lawyer either. Find someone with lots of experience in what your suit is about.

--

Rick
Reply to

I expect to appeal at least partially to the Nevada Supreme Court as well as starting Federal Court action. If i am suing the Nevada Court and State of Nevada, can I start in Federal Court in parallel or do I need to wait f or NSC decision and appeal to the USC?

Not just any lawyer either. Find someone with lots of experience in what y our suit is about.

Lawyers won't touch it. They are afraid of court sanctions. I am not. I expect the NSC to reject it; so, it's up to the USC. They will have to rea d my pleading at least. Anyway, it's quite affordable so far: $100 for Ju stice Court, $100 for District Court, $300 for Nevada Supreme Court, don't know filing fee for US Supreme Court.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Contact a lawyer. That said, if you're going to sue in federal court, there is no point in bothering with the lower courts. Once a higher court has decided a case, it's binding on the lower courts. You can also only appeal a lower court decision to the Supreme Court. You cannot bring the suit directly.

Reply to
krw

I expect to appeal at least partially to the Nevada Supreme Court as well a s starting Federal Court action. If i am suing the Nevada Court and State of Nevada, can I start in Federal Court in parallel or do I need to wait fo r NSC decision and appeal to the USC?

They (court clerks, self helper) always say that. I already know the answe r. Don't do it. But clerks, helpers and lawyers are servants of the court , can you expect any other answer?

bothering with the lower courts.

So, i need to start somewhere. I can't just start with circuit court.

. You can also only appeal a lower court decision to the Supreme Court. Y ou cannot bring the suit directly.

I think i can appeal state supreme court decision to the USSC, perhaps a ye ar from now. But i want some legal engagements. So far, it's just me fili ng papers and no fun. Starting in federal court will force the state to re sponse.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Get a courageous lawyer then.

I suspect that the reason lawyers won't touch it is because they think it, or you, are nuttier than a fruitcake.

A court may sanction a lawyer for bringing some particular case to court, but if the case is serious and the lawyer pursues it -- either in the next higher court, or in the press -- it's only going to end up reflecting badly on the court doing the sanctioning.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

, or you, are nuttier than a fruitcake.

I agree. But the court still have to take the case. I filed motion and app eal the case at the same time. I can only image the judge's reaction, but i was not there. Basically, i don't care what he thinks. However, he had to send the appeal to the District Court.

but if the case is serious and the lawyer pursues it -- either in the next higher court, or in the press -- it's only going to end up reflecting badl y on the court doing the sanctioning.

Let's see what the District Court does. I am ready to file another appeal if he denies any part of my motion. Most likely, he will partially. He wi ll have no choice but to send it to the NSC. Same for the NSC. It will hit the press at the NSC or the USSC.

The courts can't sanction me for asserting my rights. If they order me in contempt, i will appeal from the county jail.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Before I even type a word about it, what is the nature of the case ?

If it is that secret I do not know what to tell you - literally.

I have known people who did well pro se. If you intend to represent yoursel f, they say you have a fool for a lawyer. They got good reason for that. I knew the common law people and they studied law, fought and sometimes won i n the courts against the governemnt, but not all the time. Not even half of the time.

They had ex law professors from Harvard and all that, bunch of ex lawyers, or actually retired lawyers really. Alot of these peole have died off since I had any contact with them. I learned alot, and actually benefitted from the exposure. however, I would still be very reluctant to sue any governmen t pro se. you gotta have one hell of a case and have either common, statuto ry or cae law to back up your case. If not you are seeking to set a precede nt.

Let me tell you this, it ain't happening unless you REALLY know what the fu ck you are doing. Sure it is cheap, but not so effective. To illustrate, a court in Wisconsin (IIRC) ruled that peole do not have the fundamental righ t to produce and consume the foods of their own choice. the reason given by the court was that they did not prove they DO have that right, therefore t he court decided to err on the side of governemnt and big business.

This is what you are up against. i am goung to tell you another thing, even before you describe your claim, which you better or you will not get the r ight advice :

the government will only rule for the People if they fear embarrassment due to pubicity or a reversal by a higher court. the Constitution has been sus pended for a long time. What's more, the judge can exclude evidence. Take A LL your evidence to the clerk of courts or county recorder or whatever and have everything notarized. File it and pay the fees. Mention in court that you have done this. this is all to get the ability oto appeal. Remenber you need grounds to appeal. Excluded evidence is sometimes those grounds.

If you had them dead to rights, a lawyer would be happy to take the case. T hey ain't, so I want to know why.

You should have said so in the OP. You can't get the right answers without the right questions, and those questions need to be detailed enough.

Tell you what though, this Cliven Bundy the media has villlified is NOT IN JAIL and he still has his cows. He has a legal standpoint. If you can get a hold of those people they may be of some help.

But do not hold your breath, and prepare for the worst. Edgar Steele died i n prison recently ....

Reply to
jurb6006

Actually, i already talked about it here before. I will post more details after December.

elf, they say you have a fool for a lawyer. They got good reason for that. I knew the common law people and they studied law, fought and sometimes won in the courts against the governemnt, but not all the time. Not even half of the time.

, or actually retired lawyers really. Alot of these peole have died off sin ce I had any contact with them. I learned alot, and actually benefitted fro m the exposure. however, I would still be very reluctant to sue any governm ent pro se. you gotta have one hell of a case and have either common, statu tory or cae law to back up your case. If not you are seeking to set a prece dent.

f*ck you are doing. Sure it is cheap, but not so effective. To illustrate, a court in Wisconsin (IIRC) ruled that peole do not have the fundamental ri ght to produce and consume the foods of their own choice. the reason given by the court was that they did not prove they DO have that right, therefore the court decided to err on the side of governemnt and big business.

en before you describe your claim, which you better or you will not get the right advice :

The only advice i need right now is whether i can pursuit in parallel in fe deral court. Let the court decide if there is merit.

ue to pubicity or a reversal by a higher court. the Constitution has been s uspended for a long time. What's more, the judge can exclude evidence. Take ALL your evidence to the clerk of courts or county recorder or whatever an d have everything notarized. File it and pay the fees. Mention in court tha t you have done this. this is all to get the ability oto appeal. Remenber y ou need grounds to appeal. Excluded evidence is sometimes those grounds.

If the lower court judge thinks that he could deny the appeal (which he cou ld have), it would not go to the District Court directly. If I listen to t hem, first appeal in lower court to another judge. But i didn't want to wa ste time in lower court.

They ain't, so I want to know why.

t the right questions, and those questions need to be detailed enough.

N JAIL and he still has his cows. He has a legal standpoint. If you can get ahold of those people they may be of some help.

in prison recently ....

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Why won't a lawyer touch it? Why would they be "sanctioned"?

If you make one small mistake in the way you prepare your filings they will be tossed and you may miss your deadlines. This stuff happens to lawyers who are supposed to know. Very easy for a novice to screw it up. In that case they *won't* read it.

--

Rick
Reply to

If you are expecting to be held in contempt of court just from filing papers, I have to assume you aren't wrapped to tightly.

Care to share what this is all about?

--

Rick
Reply to

Edgar Steele plotted to kill his wife and her mother. I don't think that is very typical of your run of the mill pro se plaintiff.

--

Rick
Reply to

On Monday, October 13, 2014 6:09:00 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: [snip entire discussion]

If you can find a similar case, perhaps you could still advance your object ives by filing an Amicus Brief with the applicable Court. (?) The Court ma y or may not accept it, but it seems like that approach would be less compl icated and far less expensive.

My understanding is the Federal Courts have jurisdiction over Federal laws, so I'm not sure what you mean by conflating Nevada State law and Federal L aw in the same post? Perhaps you are confusing Federal Courts with the app eals process? Either way, you'd still have to have standing to bring the i ssue before the court(s). Do you?

Is this about gay marriage? (Just wondering.)

By the way: Cool your jets. Nothing happens fast in the legal system.

Reply to
mpm

How come she tried to go see him in prison ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Convicted murderers often have girlfriends and other relationships. Wives can forgive or just not believe the truth. I did a quick search and the evidence sounds pretty damning. The guy who ratted him out was also convicted after they found a bomb he placed under the wife's car...

--

Rick
Reply to

ctives by filing an Amicus Brief with the applicable Court. (?) The Court may or may not accept it, but it seems like that approach would be less com plicated and far less expensive.

s, so I'm not sure what you mean by conflating Nevada State law and Federal Law in the same post? Perhaps you are confusing Federal Courts with the a ppeals process? Either way, you'd still have to have standing to bring the issue before the court(s). Do you?

If i am suing the state court, then i need to do it in federal court. I believe the state court is biased and unjust.

No, property right.

Yes, and i am absolutely, positively in contempt of court.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Why don't you just tell us what this is about?

--

Rick
Reply to

bjectives by filing an Amicus Brief with the applicable Court. (?) The Cou rt may or may not accept it, but it seems like that approach would be less complicated and far less expensive.

laws, so I'm not sure what you mean by conflating Nevada State law and Fede ral Law in the same post? Perhaps you are confusing Federal Courts with th e appeals process? Either way, you'd still have to have standing to bring the issue before the court(s). Do you?

believe the state court is biased and unjust.

State court treats property owner as presumed guilty. Indemnification bond is required for eviction. Deadbeat don't have to pay a dime. I am reques ting proper bond payments posted by defendant pending trial.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Guilty of what? Indemnification for what?

--

Rick
Reply to

bond is required for eviction. Deadbeat don't have to pay a dime. I am re questing proper bond payments posted by defendant pending trial.

Guilty of wrongdoing. Indemnification for possible damages. It is the pro perty owner legal right to evict for non-payment of rents. Court requires property owner to post bond for possible wrongdoing, yet ignoring deadbeat' s possible wrongdoing of Unlawful Detainer.

According to one UCLA law professor, property right is human right. No oth er human right requires such court intervention. I am forced by the court to provide social service for housing. If the court wants to enact social program, then the court should pay for it. I am filing for Wrongful Judgme nt compensations and let the Jury decided.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee