OT: Cost of the shutdown

Thanks to the Tea Baggers:

Here?s How Much The Government Shutdown Cost The Economy

hamilton

ost-the-economy/

Well, at least the tea baggers managed to postpone the debt ceiling debate into February when the 2014 campaign begins. If Obama had his way, the debt ceiling would have been raised immediately for a year or more to avoid dis cussion during the campaign. The coming campaign should be interesting.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

I'm seeing signs that Democrats will turn when they get the TAX BILL.

Reply to
Greegor

I'm rather glad that the Cruz & Co. weren't able to stop Obamacare. After everyone sees the bill it's going to get interesting but first, the people must be punished.

Reply to
krw

Bill Bowden wrote

G > I'm seeing signs that Democrats will G > turn when they get the TAX BILL. krw > I'm rather glad that the Cruz & Co. krw > weren't able to stop Obamacare. krw > After everyone sees the bill it's krw > going to get interesting but krw > first, the people must be punished. I was astounded to hear reports that we never even paid off the US debt for WW1, so perhaps instead of paying for this current insanity they will just put it on the monumental tab, just so people don't feel the tax burden? Is that borrowing all that keeps the entire US budget from resembling a Ponzi scheme?

Reply to
Greegor

ost-the-economy/

I'm more interested in how much the government shutdown cost the Republican s! Particularly, Cruz, Bachmann, King and Palin.

I'm sure they'll each write a book now, and rake in the royalties from all the dopes. Er, I mean their know-nothing base. (ducking and cover now.) :)

Reply to
mpm

Of course. When you *want* to run a perpetual deficit, that's what you get.

No, it doesn't prevent it at all. One day it will crash. Think Weimar.

Reply to
krw

Of course, you're wrong. The Democrats, *all* of them, are going to take the hammer for Obamacare. The Rs will be able to say "We tried.".

BTW, Palin is not in Congress, but I'm sure that's a surprise to you idiot lefties.

I didn't think you'd buy the book, but perhaps you are that stupid.

Reply to
krw

ost-the-economy/

You mean it's how much the shutdown cost the FAKE economy dependent on the government spending money it does not have. Any segment of the economy depe ndent on the government is by definition FAKE under the current mode of out rageous deficit spending, it is not real, it is FAKE.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Shocker - I never said Palin was in Congress. I did however imply she was a Republican, a dope, and an author.

And you're right. I would not buy the book. Everyone knows Democrats can't read. (Fewer know that we don't have to read since we already know everything.)

But then, I don't feel so bad about that because none of the legislators read the bills they pass either.

Reply to
mpm

Your snippage doesn't go unnoticed. You're no different than Slowman.

And I *said* you're an idiot, but that's not a surprise. Lefties are.

Then why did you say you would. You are stupid.

You lie like Slowman, too.

...because you can't read.

Reply to
krw

In krw-speak "lie" means "publish statements that krw doesn't agree with".

Since krw is terminally ill-informed, many are guilty of this less-than-reprehensible peccadillo.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Wow! Your synaptic activity must resemble a slow motion train wreck. I never said any of the things you claim I did. And yet - you still try to blame me for not being able to read. Try again, and this time, see if you can do it without moving your lips -it helps comprehension.

Reply to
mpm

It's almost not fun anymore, winding krw up. Almost. :)

Reply to
mpm

Know what I like about krw ?

Not a God Damn thing !

Reply to
hamilton

Look, it's triplets! Idiot lefties flock together.

Reply to
krw

Since you obviously have none, you're completely clueless. Well, it's really the other way 'round. Lefties don' thave a brain.

Lefties always lie.

Reply to
krw

Hey krw... Are you a Tea Partier? Just wondering.

Reply to
mpm

Hey dumbass...

Define "Tea Partier". Not possible; requires a brain.

Reply to
krw

Sorry to hear that. I thought you had a brain. My bad.

Reply to
mpm