OT: Climate Ignorance

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I have noted here that the precipitation pattern in California is erratic and hasn't changed much since good records were started around

1860. It's looking to be a great ski and long-hot-shower year.

In 2011 I was skiing on the 4th of July.

Most Americans are bored with Climate Change. I sure am.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The climate is ALWAYS changing. Just ask the Mayans.

I scored 20 out of 24 on the citizenship test found on that page - got the wrong # of Senators, the length of time they serve, name of the current Chief Justice, and wrong # of amendments in your constitution.

However my preference is to stay Canadian - Manifest Destiny to the contrary...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

The serious DC newspaper is the Washington Post, though. That's a tabloid.

Reply to
whit3rd

WP has plenty of biased reporting, and I think limits free views per month.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Washington Post is actually the one I'd call a tabloid... plus it's so much in the tank for Democrats that reading it verges on the hilarious.

Free views per month? Get Cookie Controller... feeds WaPo a cookie "per session" then removes it when you close Firefox. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Manifest destiiny may be back in vogue

Reply to
bulegoge

Washingtin post is like professional wrestling. You can choose to believe.

Reply to
bulegoge

Roughly the propaganda line you'd expect from a senior member of the Cato I nstitute (which is paid for by the Koch brothers).

Global warming didn't "stop" from the 1997 El Nino until the 2016 El Nino - though cherry picking temperature peaks can make it look that way.

1996 climate models didn't predict the slower warming from 1998 until now b ecause it reflected the state of the Atlantic Multidecadal oscillation

which was first identified in 1994.

The Argo buoy program is designed to collect the deep ocean current informa tion that could be fed into the kind of global climate model which would re flect the influence of the Atlantic Multidecal Oscillation, but the Argo bu oy program was only proposed in 1999 and finally got 3000 floats deployed i n 2007.

Richard W Rahn might even know about that, but he wouldn't put it into a pr opaganda piece intended for the gullible, like Jim Thompson and John Larkin .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Too late. By completing the quiz, you've renounced your Canadian citizenship.

(It's important to read the fine print.)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Don't you mean "three" instead of "free"?

Reply to
Robert Baer

No.

lunatic fringe electronics

(running around in panic) No, nO, NOOOOOOO!

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Don't worry, you would have had to get >80% right.

Reply to
krw