OT: Climate Change Bullshit

:

It does seem to get questioned quite a lot, if by people who don't know wha t they are talking about.

don't

But the fact do fit the theory. The natural philosopher has a few pseudo-fa cts that he likes to advance - such as anthropogenic global warming having stopped dead in 1998, 0.4 degrees Celcius ago - but this is delusional nons ense.

I wonder how the natural philosopher thinks that that might happen. He prob ably takes Anthony Watts seriously, and imagines that it could done by pain ting Stevenson boxes with the wrong sort of white paint.

The El Nino/La Nina alternation happens every few years, which makes it tem porary. The Multidecadal Atlantic Oscillation is slower, but it also come a nd goes.

Both are entirely real and have been going on since long before anthropogen ic global warming as an issue. The Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation doesn' t have any obvious effect on fish catches so it wasn't identified until 199

but it was clearly identifiable in historical records

How?

ubo

Pinatubo didn't scatter "dust" in to the atmosphere. It injected sulphur di oxide (SO2) into the stratosphere where it oxidised to SO3 and reacted with water to form very small droplets of sulphuric acid, which scattered some incoming sunlight back into space, which dropped the average temperature of the earth by 0.6 degrees Celcius.

used the Mount Pinatubo cooling to test model predictions of the climate fe edback from water vapour. They passed with flying colours.

The doublethink seems to have been entirely in your head. Perhaps the artic le you read was less marvellous than you thought. English-language science journalists are frequently rather bad at their job - and their output is ra rely peer-reviewed.

"Science" is a major scientific journal and it's articles are peer-reviewed .

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Nope, anyone with even half a clue checks that the phrase means and he clearly isnt a little englander because even you should have noticed that there is no empire left anymore.

Wrong, as always. He does nothing of the sort.

Reply to
Rod Speed

There's no argument presented; just a quibble over properties of some curve. It's got a slope, you calculate from that...

So might Nostradamus say, BUT we cannot take his pronouncements seriously, because they do not relate to any observation or argument he made (or that we might repeat). And here, there is no attempt to do a modified calculation to see if the result is different.

Reply to
whit3rd

ease.

,

t we might repeat).

result is different.

The natural philosopher seems to get his information and his arguments from denialist propaganda websites. I recognised a couple of classic denialist items early on, and he recently explicitly recommended two denialist webs-s ites as useful sources of information.

If he could do rational argument, he'd realise that they were deliberately misleading him. Sadly, he's a gullible twit and tries to use their nonsense arguments to mislead us.

It would be pathetic, if he wasn't so dogmatic and persistent, which makes him irritating as well as pathetic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I asked you forward any and all defamatory emails with complete headers to my gmail address. You have a problem with that?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I asked you forward any and all defamatory emails with complete headers to my gmail address. You have a problem with that?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I asked you forward any and all defamatory emails with complete headers to my gmail address. You have a problem with that?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I asked you to forward any and all defamatory emails with complete headers to my gmail address. You have a problem with that?

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

How much are you paying him? Whay would he do this for you?

Are you aware this _this_ is not email?

Why are you spamming usenet with what appears to be a private matter? It's not like Bill is hiding his email address.

Jasen Betts

Why would he protect a low life who wants to stay hidden because they've obviously done something wrong???

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

rs to my gmail address. You have a problem with that?

obviously done something wrong???

He did ask me to do this by e-mail, and I told him I would - if I remembere d - but warned him that nobody is likely to send me a defamatory e-mail abo ut him because I'd probably get classed as someone who has a positive opini on of most of his contributions.

Either the response went into his spam-filter, or he didn't rate it as as p ositive as he'd hoped.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

What Arnold& Mandel don't mention explicity, but is clear from the context, is that they meant indoor air.

If Cursitor Doom wasn't a complete idiot he's be aware that the air analysis techniques used in 1914 were wet way chemistry, and not all that sensitive, accurate or quick.

When Charles Keeling started his work he got hold of a machine that measured the amount of narrow band infrared radiation absorbed by a sample of atmospheric air, which meant that he could take accurate measurements fast.

Once he could do that he realised that he had to sample the air he looked at a long way from human activity if he wanted to get stable and consistent measurements, something that hadn't been noticed back in 1914.

It isn't.

And ignoring the actual information they provide in favour of moronic misapprehensions about what that data actually means

If you are as dedicated to fooling yourself as Cursitor Doom you can see whatever you want to see, and lie to yourself about what your "evidence" means.

Complete with his deluded ideas about it's imagined significance.

You will look like a half-wit if you don't mention that it is deluded nonsense.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

Greenland and Antarctic ice core data is pretty reliable, but since we didn't pull out the ice ores until the 1990's, Cursitor Doom imagines that the people looking at the ice cores were fiddling the data as they extracted it.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman