OT: Cleaning LCD displays

Can't help myself. Just figured out how to clean LCD displays. Use a dry microfiber cloth. Removes dirt and dust with ease. Also removes oily fingerprints that idiot coworkers love to leave behind after they've poked the hell out of your LCD panel. Make sure your cloth is clean as the trapped particles can scratch sensitive surfaces. I got a pack of eight 12" x 12" cloths for $5 at Kmart in the automotive cleaning section. Target also carries these things. Also good for cleaning trackballs and camera lenses. Works well at removing greasy smudge prints from glasses with a dry cloth.

-- Mark

Reply to
qrk

I find in 'interesting' that while we all know how annoying fingerprints are on displays, the industry is pushing touch screens on almost all LCDs used for control panel displays, to say nothing of things like PDAs.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

That is the way it will head of course. 26" screens with touch pads. Then every body in the office, can point and shoot over your shoulder.

There will be more bacteria on your screen, than in your keyboard, but less nasal hairs. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap