OT China seeing a major resurgence in COVID-19 (2023 Update)

China is seeing over 100 new cases per day and a few days ago someone died! This is a major resurgence in the disease. I'm not sure how they will ma nage.

Otherwise, Chinese exports are booming and other parts of their economy are doing far better than expected in a major pandemic. This is very surprisi ng given the nature of their authoritarian government. We all know authori tarian governments are terrible at managing pretty much anything.

In China you are suppressed and denied freedom by the government's restrict ive lock downs. In the western world you have the freedom to die from an o ut of control pandemic.

I'm having trouble seeing the advantage to freedom at the moment.

Maybe we need more rioting? How about we get the Stop the Steal idjuts and anti-vaxers together at the inauguration and take care of the problem once and for all?

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Easy. Don't test. Don't tell.

Actual infection is much higher and perhaps much longer than publicly known.

Reply to
Ed Lee

People are still trying to tease out the origin

without much help from the CCP.

Until the Party can administer a couple of billion doses of vaccine, they have to keep up locking or lying.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

Ed Lee does like his comforting delusions.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bill Sloman and China does not always show you the facts, and not telling you the truth, for your own good. in their opinions.

Reply to
Ed Lee

One of Ed Lee's comforting delusions is that he thinks he knows what the facts are. He's great at extrapolating from false premises to bizarre conclusions, which isn't a particularly useful skill.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Why? WHO is asking for vaccine donations (they only got 25 so far). China has millions of doses. They can certainly spare a few millions for their brothers.

Reply to
Ed Lee

That's one problem with lockdowns: unless you can vaccinate practically everyone, you can never unlock. The new version of the virus is reported to be more contageous than the original, which makes that dilemma worse.

The "ideal" virus would be hyper-contageous and not very dangerous. It seems to be trending that way.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

So why don't you move to China already and let us discuss electronics for a change?

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

died! This is a major resurgence in the disease. I'm not sure how they will manage.

own.

It always amazes me that some people can be so in denial about the facts. Yes, China is having a resurgence of COVID, with infection rates of 100-150 per day, 2000 times lower than the US is seeing with a tiny fraction of th e population.

The assertion that fighting the disease is hopeless because we would have t o stay in perpetual lock down is absurd. China has not been in lock down. They have infrequent surges in infection rates at levels which we can only pray to achieve. Simply because they have the will to fight while the US can't stop fighting each other long enough to even learn about the disease.

We have any number of viruses which are that way. The vast majority of peo ple get colds without consequence other than a stuffy nose for a week or tw o. Most people have CMV and many other infections that cause few symptoms until health is so poor the disease can not be fought off any longer such as those fighting leukemia.

How can one person be so ignorant? Unfortunately, it's not "one" person.

Nice speech from Biden. It's nice having a President who isn't in it to li ne his own pockets.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

ied! This is a major resurgence in the disease. I'm not sure how they will manage.

are doing far better than expected in a major pandemic. This is very surpr ising given the nature of their authoritarian government. We all know autho ritarian governments are terrible at managing pretty much anything.

rictive lock downs. In the western world you have the freedom to die from a n out of control pandemic.

The need to leave is suddenly much less. I'm not sure what makes me feel t hat way. It's 12:10 pm Tuesday Jan 20, 2021. What could have changed?

Besides, if we stopped all the off topic threads Larkin would be so bored, he would have to start talking about his brownies or whatever it is that he bakes. The guy needs an outlet.

Yes, suddenly the country seems so much better!

--

Rick C.

-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

+1
Reply to
John S

-1

Reply to
John S

And yet you are here reading a clearly marked off topic thread... and participating. Yes, not many of you complainers are here for the hunting.

--

Rick C.

-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

From what I can see, they dont really 'manage' business any more than our governments do. You file and pay taxes and comply with enough of the environmental and labor laws to keep them off your back and you're fine to do pretty much anything you'd want to do (not including being in the pay of foreigners to attempt overthrowing their government, but that's frowned upon in all countries).

What restrictive lockdown? The one back last Feb/March where they yelled at people who went out? My European friends in Shenzhen are having BBQs and going to restaurants, and have been for months. Everything is open, including the sprawling electronic market buildings and massive trade show venues. More masks and traffic is a bit lighter than usual seems to be the difference.

And we're stuck under another lockdown order (albeit a pretty half-assed one in terms of actual enforcement, with predictably half-assed results.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

-2

But many people don't understand.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

No, we are hoping you move to China, report to the local party commandant, discover that you can't post anymore because of their great firewall and then have an epiphany about freedom :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I am sure CCP would make exceptions for Rick to attack the freedom world. They might even let him join the party.

Reply to
Ed Lee

He does have a point. I haven't baked a giant batch of pecan brownies in way too long. One needs a break from peach-blueberry pies and bread pudding and Golden Gate Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies and Tartine morning buns.

There's a new bakery near us, two people who bake at home and do all their transactions with a basket on a rope. Bernal Bakery.

False. Only if the lockdown is a fake lockdown that doesn't work will you have that problem.

That's the problem with you idiots, unable to think for yourselves.

--
  Jasen.
Reply to