OT: China Cuts E-vehicle Subsidies

e:

ote:

rote:

storm when the grid is down for months?

places in the US not have electricity for MONTHS! How do you get gasoline without electricity? They bring it in 5 gal jerry cans? Again, I've neve r been in that situation in my life and never heard of anyone in the US bei ng in that situation. So clearly it's not high on my list of worries.

ies, once the roads are clear and safe That doesn't happen until the hurric ane is over.

station to operate. Older stations stop receiving fuel deliveries before t he electricity is out, so their tanks are empty until power is restored. Th e stations shut down the generators when they run out of fuel, so no lights means no fuel.

new EV and the state closed the DMVs because of the impending Hurricane? I drove out and charged once before I left, then again when I reached Virgi nia.

ter the hurricane to leave? I guess that explains a lot of your problem.

hrough many of them, where the only electricity available was emergency she lters and hospitals. No one is going to let you charge an EV at one of thes e locations, since they are unsure of replacement fuel deliveries. I have g one close to three months without electricity as thousands of poles are rep laced, and downed lines are spliced. During and after Irma, the ONLY source to buy food for a month was a McDonald's that had a reefer full of food br ought in ahead of time, and a large mobile generator.

s had juice. It's still early days for EVs, that's true. In another three or four years there will be many, many more charging locations. If emerge ncy shelters are the only places with electricity you have much bigger prob lems than worrying about a car.

n this area. When there is no power to entire cites, how will you get power to your precious superchargers?

ut... like any other time when you are driving.

t anywhere near a normal traffic load. The traffic is bumper to bumper, tol l roads are turned off, and even the southbound lanes of I-75 are used for Northbound traffic. You are clueless as to the conditions involved. Add to the other problems, but South Florida is full of liberal idiots who don't m ake any preparations for emergencies. They are like the people who died dur ing Katrina, trapped in their attics because the refused to leave until it was too late.

No, I didn't but that doesn't matter to you.

You should talk. You try to twist everything to fit into your fantasy wo rld. I haven't owned a car in over 25 years, only trucks. Drive what you wa nt, but it doesn't work for me. I am in my late '60s, retired and now 100% disabled. Those EVs are too small for me to ride in, let alone drive one be cause of my damaged legs. Keep showing your stupidity about the real world, I don't care.

is you don't need to use a filling station to charge, you can charge at ho me. Most drivers keep their EVs topped off by plugging in every night. So even from Miami, you can travel well north of Orlando on one charge. If y ou were around Orlando (which I believe you are) you can be out of the stat e before needing a charge.

One truck I owned had room for one 15 gallon tank, and four 30 gallon tanks . I got over 30 MPG on the highway, so it could go 4000 miles without refue ling, if they were all installed.. Lets see you match that with your EV. It would carry 4400 pounds of cargo, with commercial tags.

icity, just be prepared and leave. It's not like they don't see hurricanes coming.

e of Florida from Miami and it's only 200 miles. I'm just not seeing the p roblem. I think you are exaggerating the conditions and the problems. I k now people who live in southern Florida and they've never mentioned such di re circumstances lasting for "months". Sure you aren't in Puerto Rico?

blem either because you don't want to, or because you aren't smart enough t o understand. People leaving South Florida had already bought all the gas t hat was available there, and they were hitting every station as they headed North, Vehicles were lined up for miles South of Ocala to get into gas sta tions.

car. Top off your EV at home before you leave and you can make to the pan handle or Georgia without refueling. Where's the problem?

The problem is that I have zero use for any current model EV but you jus t keep trying to hump my legs about them.

ce.

rsation with you.

Don't blame your faults on me. You are suffering from 'Sloman Syndrome'. You think you know more about everything than anyone else. My current vehi cle is a 2016 Grand Caravan, because it was the only vehicle that I can get in and out of, without screaming in pain. Pull your head out of your ass, and grow up. I pray that you live long enough to beg for death from pain ca used by failing health.

ip to there, while worrying about running out of gasoline. Fuel tankers wou ld hit town around three AM, with enough out of town vehicles lined up to t ake it all. Some of you have insulted me in the past for keeping Spam on ha nd, along with other canned goods but it beats starving to death.

sugar foods which makes it difficult on us diabetics.

S that is operated like a third world country is not so good. Perhaps you should move closer to a major city where they get electricity back a lot so oner than MONTHS!

They have to get the system back on line from the top, down. I live in a s mall subdivsion, that is a mile from the nearest main primaries that run al ong State highway 441. The linemen work to restore power to hospitals, and emergency services first. Then they move on to large businesses. Schools an d smaller businesses follow that, and finally the residential areas. It too k so long because they were using the new poles as fast as they could be tr ucked in. The initial stockpile was gone in the first couple weeks. On top of this, most of the workers were from out of state, and unfamiliar with th e areas being restored. Go out and work for a utility and learn something a bout the work involved. Local utilities are working on a regular basis to u pgrade and harden their local plant. I can't drive very far from home witho ut running into line trucks from Duke, or the nearest city. I've seen proba bly 1000 new, larger poles being set since January. They will withstand hig her winds, and the heavier wire will not only withstand the higher winds, b ut it will reduce their I/R losses.In the 20 years that I've lived here, it was Florida Power. Then Progress, followed bu Duke.

have power restored? I think it will be the opposite, EV charging will be fairly high on the list. If your service stations all have generators I e xpect EV charging will be higher on the list that those.

raffic lights. Stations on the major roads will go back on line before thos e on less traveled roads. The people in charge are smarter than you.

he higher level infrastructure.

Sigh. Is there any oxygen where you live?

les and morons. I've only suffered long outages twice, in 32 yeas.

d work. Or you can suffer. So now you are saying long outages are not suc h a big deal. Ok, good to know. Keep the EV charged up and you will be ab le to make it out of the state very easily. Enjoy your EV.

her leave town or go to a shelter, the shelter was my only choice. You act like Florida has no technology. There is a Lockheed=Martin factory here, along with companies that manufacture medical equipment. Just because I don 't live in the city, doesn't mean that there isn't one within 10 miles. I'l l trade that for ever living and working in a large city, ever again.

on't have electricity to the infrastructure and larger facilities for MONTH S is absurd. If we have a CME, then yeah, electricity will be a problem be cause it can't be distributed.

I consider large cities third world shitholes. They are the perfect plac e for people like you. I'm thankful that you don't want to live anywhere ne ar me. I used to have to rive the busiest part of the Interstate highways t o get to work. You can have them. Orlando is bad enough, and I may never go back, if they don't ever finish rebuilding Interstate-4 through there. The re are daily notices about new routes, new exits and backed up traffic as t hey widen bridges. I am old, tired and sick. Live with it, or go away.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

e:

te:

[...]

That's for sure. Anyone that thinks an electric vehicle isn't at a severe disadvantage in that situation is in denial.

As to liberal idiots, I remember listening to Rush Limbaugh act totally irresponsibly as a major hurricane approached FL where he lives. He was running down the forecasters, belittling them, claiming they can't really tell you where it's going to hit, that they make it sound much worse than it will be, that people buying supplies and evacuating are fools. Of course he would occasionally say, "I'm not telling you what to do". Just before the hurricane hit, Rush evacuated. He didn't take an electric car, he just hopped on his fueled and waiting G4. How convenie nt. So I guess there are conservative idiots too.

Reply to
trader4

Haven't really had a use for a setup like that! I've lived in the Boston area for 3/4ths of my 40 years, about, and I can count the number of times my power has gone out for more than 24 hours on one hand with fingers to spare.

Longest was in 1985 during Hurricane Gloria, about three days, I have a vague memory of it. The most recent was last April after an unusually strong late season noreaster with 90 mph wind gusts, it was out for just a little more maybe 26 hrs.

The grid around here seems to be pretty well-maintained and even large blizzards have trouble knocking it out for any significant length of time.

Reply to
bitrex

[...]

ient.

I don't listen to Rush, but I have heard that he often uses sarcasm to get people's attention. As far as the weather forecasters, they will show over a dozen possible paths, and screech that it is Armageddon, and the 250 mile wide storm will destroy everything that it touches so they are quite hard to take seriously.

I've lost count of the number of 'Storm of the Century', and 'The world is ending for everyone!' It is the only time the news departments have free re ign of what's broadcast, and storm coverage is as full of fake news as elec tions.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

volt

ke

the

or

k,

r at least 50 years. I even installed some for an amusement park for their paddle boats so that they could run their sound system and lights while the y loaded and unloaded passengers. The secondary battery powered that, while the primary only started the big Chevy engines and powered the ignition sy stem. They didn't have 'tiny alternators'. They had the high output units m ade for ambulances or fire trucks. I even had a dual system on my '66 GTO. That also had a second alternator.

.

The dual battery concept was originally for RVs and boats but it became popular n work vehicles. The one on the GTO was just to confuse the oil joc keys at the gas stations.

They would open the hood without asking, then short stick you to try to sell you oil you didn't need. They would ask, What is that under the hood?" I would give hem a nervous look and tell them, "You didn't see anything. I f you say anything to the wrong people, they will kill you!" Being in my US Army uniform helped! Small minds are fun to play with but there wear out t oo fast. Sadly there are no spare parts. :(

Reply to
Michael Terrell

rote:

ote:

r storm when the grid is down for months?

ny places in the US not have electricity for MONTHS! How do you get gasoli ne without electricity? They bring it in 5 gal jerry cans? Again, I've ne ver been in that situation in my life and never heard of anyone in the US b eing in that situation. So clearly it's not high on my list of worries.

eries, once the roads are clear and safe That doesn't happen until the hurr icane is over.

he station to operate. Older stations stop receiving fuel deliveries before the electricity is out, so their tanks are empty until power is restored. The stations shut down the generators when they run out of fuel, so no ligh ts means no fuel.

my new EV and the state closed the DMVs because of the impending Hurricane? I drove out and charged once before I left, then again when I reached Vir ginia.

after the hurricane to leave? I guess that explains a lot of your problem.

through many of them, where the only electricity available was emergency s helters and hospitals. No one is going to let you charge an EV at one of th ese locations, since they are unsure of replacement fuel deliveries. I have gone close to three months without electricity as thousands of poles are r eplaced, and downed lines are spliced. During and after Irma, the ONLY sour ce to buy food for a month was a McDonald's that had a reefer full of food brought in ahead of time, and a large mobile generator.

ers had juice. It's still early days for EVs, that's true. In another thr ee or four years there will be many, many more charging locations. If emer gency shelters are the only places with electricity you have much bigger pr oblems than worrying about a car.

in this area. When there is no power to entire cites, how will you get pow er to your precious superchargers?

out... like any other time when you are driving.

n't anywhere near a normal traffic load. The traffic is bumper to bumper, t oll roads are turned off, and even the southbound lanes of I-75 are used fo r Northbound traffic. You are clueless as to the conditions involved. Add t o the other problems, but South Florida is full of liberal idiots who don't make any preparations for emergencies. They are like the people who died d uring Katrina, trapped in their attics because the refused to leave until i t was too late.

Hey, I'm just responding to what you write. Instead of writing logically, you describe things that create emotions in your brain and think you are di scussing "truths" of some sort. You imply connections where none exist. S o I post the connections you imply to get you to make it clear that you don 't stand by them.

world. I haven't owned a car in over 25 years, only trucks. Drive what you want, but it doesn't work for me. I am in my late '60s, retired and now 100 % disabled. Those EVs are too small for me to ride in, let alone drive one because of my damaged legs. Keep showing your stupidity about the real worl d, I don't care.

Same for me. I had a smaller Toyota pickup for some years, then got a bigg er T100 which I drove for 20 years. Now I have an EV and you will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I find it funny that you talk so much about things you know nothing about. My EV is the roomiest car I've ever owned including my Tundra. Then you t ry to tell me I'm the stupid one. Well, I won't say you are stupid... not exactly... but you are rather ignorant on topics you seem to love to discus s.

I feel a bit like Bill discussing issues with John Larkin. Bill typically has no problem showing JL's ignorance because JL is not at all shy about pr oving Bill right!

e is you don't need to use a filling station to charge, you can charge at home. Most drivers keep their EVs topped off by plugging in every night. So even from Miami, you can travel well north of Orlando on one charge. If you were around Orlando (which I believe you are) you can be out of the st ate before needing a charge.

ks. I got over 30 MPG on the highway, so it could go 4000 miles without ref ueling, if they were all installed.. Lets see you match that with your EV. It would carry 4400 pounds of cargo, with commercial tags.

I have no idea why you think this is something worthwhile to discuss. Only a complete idiot or a gas truck driver would want to carry 135 gal of gaso line in a vehicle. There's no point in having a 4000 mile range if gas is the only cargo!

EVs have an adequate range for most drivers. One person here recharges his car every day from a 120 volt outlet and never needs to buy gas or plug in to a charger other than at home.

tricity, just be prepared and leave. It's not like they don't see hurrican es coming.

ate of Florida from Miami and it's only 200 miles. I'm just not seeing the problem. I think you are exaggerating the conditions and the problems. I know people who live in southern Florida and they've never mentioned such dire circumstances lasting for "months". Sure you aren't in Puerto Rico?

roblem either because you don't want to, or because you aren't smart enough to understand. People leaving South Florida had already bought all the gas that was available there, and they were hitting every station as they head ed North, Vehicles were lined up for miles South of Ocala to get into gas s tations.

s car. Top off your EV at home before you leave and you can make to the pa n handle or Georgia without refueling. Where's the problem?

ust keep trying to hump my legs about them.

God! What a disgusting image. No one is humping your legs, just trying to show your ignorance of EVs. I don't mind a rational discussion where peop le discuss what they like or dislike about EVs, but if you are going to dis play your ignorance, I'm going to point it out.

That's what this discussion is about at this point, your ignorance.

fice.

versation with you.

'. You think you know more about everything than anyone else. My current ve hicle is a 2016 Grand Caravan, because it was the only vehicle that I can g et in and out of, without screaming in pain. Pull your head out of your ass , and grow up. I pray that you live long enough to beg for death from pain caused by failing health.

I'm sorry for your health issues, but that has nothing to do with EVs. If you had started out saying that you haven't found an EV that you can get in to because of your "special" needs, I would understand that. But instead y ou start off babbling about how you can't escape a hurricane in an EV.

trip to there, while worrying about running out of gasoline. Fuel tankers w ould hit town around three AM, with enough out of town vehicles lined up to take it all. Some of you have insulted me in the past for keeping Spam on hand, along with other canned goods but it beats starving to death.

r sugar foods which makes it difficult on us diabetics.

US that is operated like a third world country is not so good. Perhaps yo u should move closer to a major city where they get electricity back a lot sooner than MONTHS!

a. They have to get the system back on line from the top, down. I live in a small subdivsion, that is a mile from the nearest main primaries that run along State highway 441. The linemen work to restore power to hospitals, an d emergency services first. Then they move on to large businesses. Schools and smaller businesses follow that, and finally the residential areas. It t ook so long because they were using the new poles as fast as they could be trucked in. The initial stockpile was gone in the first couple weeks. On to p of this, most of the workers were from out of state, and unfamiliar with the areas being restored. Go out and work for a utility and learn something about the work involved. Local utilities are working on a regular basis to upgrade and harden their local plant. I can't drive very far from home wit hout running into line trucks from Duke, or the nearest city. I've seen pro bably 1000 new, larger poles being set since January. They will withstand h igher winds, and the heavier wire will not only withstand the higher winds, but it will reduce their I/R losses.In the 20 years that I've lived here, it was Florida Power. Then Progress, followed bu Duke.

at have power restored? I think it will be the opposite, EV charging will be fairly high on the list. If your service stations all have generators I expect EV charging will be higher on the list that those.

traffic lights. Stations on the major roads will go back on line before th ose on less traveled roads. The people in charge are smarter than you.

the higher level infrastructure.

Sigh, is there any intelligence where you live?

holes and morons. I've only suffered long outages twice, in 32 yeas.

rld work. Or you can suffer. So now you are saying long outages are not s uch a big deal. Ok, good to know. Keep the EV charged up and you will be able to make it out of the state very easily. Enjoy your EV.

ither leave town or go to a shelter, the shelter was my only choice. You ac t like Florida has no technology. There is a Lockheed=Martin factory here , along with companies that manufacture medical equipment. Just because I d on't live in the city, doesn't mean that there isn't one within 10 miles. I 'll trade that for ever living and working in a large city, ever again.

won't have electricity to the infrastructure and larger facilities for MON THS is absurd. If we have a CME, then yeah, electricity will be a problem because it can't be distributed.

ace for people like you. I'm thankful that you don't want to live anywhere near me. I used to have to rive the busiest part of the Interstate highways to get to work. You can have them. Orlando is bad enough, and I may never go back, if they don't ever finish rebuilding Interstate-4 through there. T here are daily notices about new routes, new exits and backed up traffic as they widen bridges. I am old, tired and sick. Live with it, or go away.

And yet you live in a place that has no power every summer when the regular hurricanes blow through. That is real third world.

You literally know nothing about where I live. So once again you speak fro m ignorance completing the thread.

QED

--
  Rick C.

  -++ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

t anywhere near a normal traffic load. The traffic is bumper to bumper, tol l roads are turned off, and even the southbound lanes of I-75 are used for Northbound traffic. You are clueless as to the conditions involved. Add to the other problems, but South Florida is full of liberal idiots who don't m ake any preparations for emergencies. They are like the people who died dur ing Katrina, trapped in their attics because the refused to leave until it was too late.

You are only showing your ignorance. EV charging is mostly done at home. If Mike had an EV he could be well into Georgia before he needed to charge again and there are many opportunities for that along the way. There are l ots of places to charge while you stop for a meal. If he booked a hotel, t here's a fair chance the hotel would have overnight L2 charging. A 240 vol t outlet will get the same charging rate or even a 120 volt outlet will get another 50 miles over night. How far do you need to go in an evacuation?

ient.

I read the transcript of that show. He never said a lot of what people cla im he said. He mostly ranted about the price of batteries and bottled wate r going up which is stupid. That was at the point when it was very hard to get back down the peninsula and I'm sure they were paying a LOT for the sh ipping of goods.

Mostly I learned that for the most part Limbaugh never says much of anythin g. He rants in a way designed to stir emotions *without* actually saying a nything. Not unlike Trump he refers to things that he wants you to get ups et about, but doesn't say anything. He also talks in partial sentences whi ch clearly can't actually be saying anything. Limbaugh is a master at maki ng you think he is saying something when he isn't.

--
[...]

Regardless, events like this don't catch us unaware. With a fully charged EV you can get safely away easily. People just like to spread FUD about th ings they don't understand.

--
  Rick C.

  +-+ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

12 volt

like

e the

ck or

ick,

the

for at least 50 years. I even installed some for an amusement park for thei r paddle boats so that they could run their sound system and lights while t hey loaded and unloaded passengers. The secondary battery powered that, whi le the primary only started the big Chevy engines and powered the ignition system. They didn't have 'tiny alternators'. They had the high output units made for ambulances or fire trucks. I even had a dual system on my '66 GTO . That also had a second alternator.

me.

e popular n work vehicles. The one on the GTO was just to confuse the oil j ockeys at the gas stations.

o sell you oil you didn't need. They would ask, What is that under the hood ?" I would give hem a nervous look and tell them, "You didn't see anything. If you say anything to the wrong people, they will kill you!" Being in my US Army uniform helped! Small minds are fun to play with but there wear out too fast. Sadly there are no spare parts. :(

I know exactly what they were thinking and it has nothing to do with your u niform. lol

--
  Rick C.

  ++- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Right, hurricanes don't just pop up out of nowhere and knock the grid out before you know what's happened in the 21st century.

AFAIK all current EVs and plug-in hybrids for sale can do a "Level 1" fallback-fallback 120 volt 8 amp charge that more-or-less any regular outlet connected to any home or business wiring system should be able to support with little stress, and charge up something like a Model 3 to full range in prolly 50 hours or so.

Even a million of them plugged in and charging at that rate in a certain region prepping for a possible evacuation wont stress the grid.

Reply to
bitrex

About right. 120 volts, 12 amps and more like 60-70 hours if starting near zero charge. It's around 3 to 4 miles per hour of charging depending on the model of car. Model 3s are more like 4 miles per hour. So an overnight gives you around 50 miles.

Most people who have an EV install a 240 volt connection and can get a full charge overnight, just like a level 2 charger at a hotel or other facility.

Charging issues are overstated usually. In an emergency you need to be prepared just like in an ICE. Once the gas stations run out of fuel a gas car isn't going anywhere either. In many situations it will be easier to get electricity than gas.

--
  Rick C.

  +++ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

My Prius Prime: 5 to 5.5 miles per hour of 12A charge.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

And of course you just sit at home for two days charging it with an approaching storm? How about the trips for supplies, to get extra food, trips to HD, etc. An EV is good for a second car. End of story.

Reply to
trader4

Electricity that, per your calculation takes 3 days to fully charge the car and then it goes 175 miles. I can put gas that will do twice that into a car in 10 minutes. They are good for a second car, but only if you have a real car for when you need it.

Reply to
trader4

[...]

ere

enient.

t people's attention. As far as the weather forecasters, they will show ove r a dozen possible paths, and screech that it is Armageddon, and the 250 mi le wide storm will destroy everything that it touches so they are quite har d to take seriously.

Do you actually live where hurricanes hit? I do. The multiple possible pa ths are at five days, a week out. And even then, they are typically within a cone shape of probabilities. With each passing day, the possibilities go down, the target narrows. And about two or three days out, the accuracy is pretty good. Now of course if it's headed to the eastern seaboard, whether it's going to come ashore in SC or NC may not be clear until 24 hours or so before it hits. If you're expecting 100% accuracy 5 days out, then do what that bloviating hypocrite Rush says, and don't take the warnings seriously. How did that work for New Orleans? BTW, that's another Rush hypocrisy, he blamed Ray Naggin for not taking the forecasts of the approaching hurricane seriously, for not evacuating earlier, etc. That was a good example of what happens when you don't take the forecasts seriously.

s ending for everyone!' It is the only time the news departments have free reign of what's broadcast, and storm coverage is as full of fake news as el ections.

IDK what channel you watch, but I've never seen one saying anything close t o it's the end of the world for everyone.

Reply to
trader4

On Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 3:56:44 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wro te:

te:

n't anywhere near a normal traffic load. The traffic is bumper to bumper, t oll roads are turned off, and even the southbound lanes of I-75 are used fo r Northbound traffic. You are clueless as to the conditions involved. Add t o the other problems, but South Florida is full of liberal idiots who don't make any preparations for emergencies. They are like the people who died d uring Katrina, trapped in their attics because the refused to leave until i t was too late.

ere

I say you're just drinking your own bathwater and denying reality.

nto Georgia before he needed to charge again and there are many opportuniti es for that along the way. There are lots of places to charge while you st op for a meal.

Sure, and I bet planning your trip so you happen to be "someplace" to eat while you can charge is a real advantage. Pick your food not by what you want to eat, but by who has a fast charger. And if they don't have a fast charger, plugging it in during a food stop ain't worth spit.

How does this typically evolve? Two days out, the forecast may be for the hurricane to hit 200 miles from your ares. So, you're not planning to evacuate, you're going to stay. You spend two days getting supplies boarding up the house, making trips to HD, going to work. Who in their right mind would want a car where they have to be concerned about how much charge it has? With a gas car, in every one of these situations I've known about or experienced, when there was plenty of warning you fill the car up. Now I can put 100 miles, 200 miles on a gas car in the period before it hits and still have good range.

And this isn't limited to hurricanes, which come with predictions. Next time there is some situation in the news where people were in some unexpect ed emergency, see if you'd rather be in a gas car or an electric. Somebody ha s to be driven to the hospital, with no warning. With a gas car, very likely even if the car doesn't have enough gas to make the trip, you can pull into a gas station and in 10 mins, have a full tank. You've taken your EV for a long trip, the battery is low. You get a call, your mother had a stroke and is in the hospital that's 200 miles away. Would you rather have an EV or gas? The gas car has no significant advantage?

That's very reassuring.

the hotel would have overnight L2 charging. A 240 volt outlet will get the same charging rate or even a 120 volt outlet will get another 50 miles ove r night. How far do you need to go in an evacuation?

enient.

laim he said. He mostly ranted about the price of batteries and bottled wa ter going up which is stupid. That was at the point when it was very hard to get back down the peninsula and I'm sure they were paying a LOT for the shipping of goods.

BS. I heard it and he denigrated the forecasters, said that they never can forecast correctly and that they just blow everything up, it doesn't turn out to be what they forcasted, never as bad. He implied they were all doing that to sell waters and batteries. It was totally irrespons ible. At the time officials were trying to warn people to take the proper actions and Rush was dismissive of all of it. And then, just before it hit, fatso got on his G4 and left. Oh and this is from the same Rush that blamed Ray Nagin for what happened in New Orleans. Nagin was stupid, irresponsibl e, it was all his fault, because he didn't take the forecast of the hurricane seriously enough. Another example of hypocrisy.

ing. He rants in a way designed to stir emotions *without* actually saying anything.

That's not true either.

Not unlike Trump he refers to things that he wants you to get upset about, but doesn't say anything. He also talks in partial sentences which clearl y can't actually be saying anything. Limbaugh is a master at making you th ink he is saying something when he isn't.

Reply to
trader4

e a

just

ge

time.

arged EV you can get safely away easily. People just like to spread FUD ab out things they don't understand.

Why would you need to charge for two days? Did you forget to plug it in th e last time you used it??? What is wrong with you? Only an idiot would li ve in an area where you would need to evacuate on short notice and not keep your car charged. Jeez. You had better move out of the area before you f orget to evacuate all together.

--
  Rick C.

  ---- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

rote:

ave a

lly

r just

arge

of time.

charged EV you can get safely away easily. People just like to spread FUD about things they don't understand.

ain

near zero charge. It's around 3 to 4 miles per hour of charging depending on the model of car. Model 3s are more like 4 miles per hour. So an overn ight gives you around 50 miles.

full charge overnight, just like a level 2 charger at a hotel or other faci lity.

prepared just like in an ICE. Once the gas stations run out of fuel a gas car isn't going anywhere either. In many situations it will be easier to get electricity than gas.

ar

Your math is faulty. Again, perhaps you should just not live in an area pr one to evacuations.

--
  Rick C.

  ---+ Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

rote:

rote:

e:

isn't anywhere near a normal traffic load. The traffic is bumper to bumper, toll roads are turned off, and even the southbound lanes of I-75 are used for Northbound traffic. You are clueless as to the conditions involved. Add to the other problems, but South Florida is full of liberal idiots who don 't make any preparations for emergencies. They are like the people who died during Katrina, trapped in their attics because the refused to leave until it was too late.

evere

into Georgia before he needed to charge again and there are many opportuni ties for that along the way. There are lots of places to charge while you stop for a meal.

ng

h charge it has? With a gas car, in every one of these situations I've know n about or experienced, when there was plenty of warning you fill the car

You can make of any absurd scenario you wish. I'm sure anyone can make up situations that are worst case for many things. Whatever.

I charge my car, I drive my car. It works just fine. Actually, better tha n fine. Now that I am driving a good car and stop every three or so hours, I am much more rested and comfortable when I get to where I'm going. Sitt ing in the same seat for eight hours with few and short breaks is no way to drive long distances.

cted

has

ly

Why would my battery be low? I usually charge before reaching home on trip s. I like to pull into my driveway with at least 200 miles on the range. That's why I don't often need to charge my car for three days after reachin g home.

If I got such a call I would get there fine and if it were a bit over 200 m iles I would stop and get a 10 minute charge to make sure I reach my destin ation, not unlike stopping for gas.

This is why I say you are ignorant of EVs... because you are. You do under stand what "ignorant" means, right? It means you don't know something. Yo u don't know much about EVs.

he same charging rate or even a 120 volt outlet will get another 50 miles o ver night. How far do you need to go in an evacuation?

ly

ke

nvenient.

claim he said. He mostly ranted about the price of batteries and bottled water going up which is stupid. That was at the point when it was very har d to get back down the peninsula and I'm sure they were paying a LOT for th e shipping of goods.

an

nsible.

ns

ble,

You listened to the broadcast I take it? Read the transcript. Like Yogi B erra, Rush "really didn?t say everything I said." Next time don't get so worked up and listen.

--
  Rick C.

  --+- Get a 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

3 days in an absolute worst case situation where your battery is totally flat and all you can find is a 120 volt outlet and you learn that a hurricane is approaching with only 3 days notice because....??????
Reply to
bitrex