OT: Bwahahahaha!

The networks have fired loaded questions since 1988 and some people just got a clue.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

It's always puzzled me why would the RNC let MSM idiots arrange "debates" and decide the questions.

RNC should simply buy time, keep the MSM idiots out of it _and_ no commercials. ...Jim Thompson

Because the RNC is run by idiots too. Just a different kind of idiocy.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

People will complain about the money spent on buying the time, but if their logic was consistent they would see the network debate time as a "campaign donation" from the network.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

They should get Rush Limbaugh to moderste the Democratic debates. That would be entertaining and bring in a lot of ad revenue.

.

Bill Bowden

Does Rush Limbaugh know enough to be able to do that job? The Republican candidates are essentially a clown car - Jeb Bush seems to be the one with the best grasp of reality, which is depressing.

The Democratic candidates are a bit more impressive - none of them would appeal to Jim Thompson or James Arthur, and some of them have even stronger justifications for going after the nomination.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 18:39:34 -0800, "Bill Bowden" Gave us:

Yeah, sure... and that radio announcer who made the "nappy headed hos" crack..

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Please don't pick on my friend James Arthur. He and I have shopped together for many years looking for cheap electronic parts. He even gave me a ride to the hospital when I needed an Angiogram and couldn't drive home.

Bill Bowden

Then try and persuade him to post less right-wing rubbish here.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Slowman is a third order turd. Responding to third order turds is not in the job description of this newsgroup >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I was listening to "left, right and center" on npr driving home last night, and that was a suggestion. Well they suggested that Rush and other conservative media types be the moderators for a republican debate. That would be interesting too. (I haven't watched any debates.. They are more for entertainment than education. .. Even when asked real questions the candidates rarely answer them... Well except for "softball" questions.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Hugh Hewett was a moderator for the second (CNN) debate.

If they had people with half a brain running the debates perhaps they'd say something.

Reply to
krw

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson reminds - once again - of how he earned his title.

He probably thinks that Ben Carson is a Christian gentleman rather than a fundamentalist lunatic.

The prospect of having a surgeon running a country is particularly terrifying - surgeons are trained to make up their minds fast, before the patient has time to die.

This is not the mind-set you want in somebody who could start WW3.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 18:09:04 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

You must not have been watching much of it.

Carson as a politician wannabe is actually way too slow.

We would be bombed before he would OK the missile defense system.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I haven't watched any of it. If I wanted to see a clown car, I'd go to circus - there at least the clowns are trying to be funny.

He's managed to repress his surgical training then. That's a plus - not that the fundamentalism isn't a much larger minus.

Unlikely. And your "missile defense system" is one of Reagan geriatric wish-fulfillment fantasies - it was never going to stop enough missiles to be worth deploying.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

That would be funny! I'm not sure Limbaugh would be good on the spot though. It would be interesting to watch.

There's an inherent conflict of interest in letting the Journ-o-lister news media run debates. Besides being fanatical, suicide-Hillary supporters, they're supposed to report the news, but as immoderate 'moderators' they've become deeply invested in making news instead.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Thanks Bill. Sometimes entertaining, often incoherent, mostly uninformed (and always ill-tempered), I don't take Bill seriously.

Did you notice those Great Value LED bulbs at WalMart? 800 lumens for

8.5W in 'soft' white (2,700K), for ~$2.30! And Home Depot has a 4' Philips 'InstaFit' 12W fluorescent replacement, 1,600 lumens, for $14. That's 150 lumens per watt. Very impressive. The box says its 1,600 lumens are as good as 2,800 lumens from a T-8 fluorescent; I assume that's because all the LEDs' output is directed where wanted, while the fluorescent's output is scattered, omni-directional.

I 'bought' a CCD camera yesterday for IR uses, for free, plus a pile of power supply bricks (to pile on my existing mountain) for future projects yet-to-be-imagined. Life is great.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Bill doesn't need information; he already knows everything.

Don't confuse wisdom and compassion for weakness. Dr. Carson started off tough and hot-headed as a kid, then got a grip on it later in life. He's no pussycat.

I'm reading one of his books right now. He has a direct handle on much of what's gone very wrong in America, such as the War on Poverty, the dependence that has created; the crushing effect bureaucracy has on the poor; understands education, and more. He clawed his own way out of the poverty trap, personally experienced the pointy-end of these policies, and has the first-hand knowledge to save millions more. That all by itself would be an amazing turn-around for America.

Dr. Carson's sincere, smart, honest, and dead-right on the things that matter. He'd be an excellent, excellent President.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 20:37:23 -0700 (PDT), Bill Sloman Gave us:

More proof that you haven't been keeping up.