OT: Bracket/Shelf for Set Top Box

I have this TV set on the patio...

It was signal-restricted to analog channels (coax, via Cox).

Now it has its own set top box (via CenturyLink).

So I'm looking for a proper mounting bracket, preferably attached to the TV mount gimbal.

The tricky part is that the set top box is via a _wireless_ link, so steel enclosures are a no-no.

I've been surfing around, but scoring zero.

Any ideas?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

Vertical, Horizontal?

Anyway I found these...

Martin Riddle

I found those also. They're metal :-(

This may work for me... in two ways, I don't have to go thru the grief again of extending from a stud out to the surface of the stucco, and those legs _should_ minimally interfere with the wireless...

(For the worry-warts, it's a link to Amazon ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Liberalism: Dictatorship By The People Who Think They Know Best

You don't need any TV on the patio- ridiculous.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Net, or string bag, suspended from the eaves? Cedar facsimile of a 19" rack mount? If it's wireless, just put it indoors. A cable-card slot would have issues with any condensing-moisture situation anyhow.

Reply to
whit3rd

And the remote ceases to work ;-)

What does "condensing-moisture" mean ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Liberalism: Dictatorship By The People Who Think They Know Best

You never been to Arizona I see. (I have BTW)

Martin Riddle

It's very common in football territory.

Reply to
krw

There's RF remotes, and RF-to-IR converters, for that situation.

Reply to
whit3rd

For future reference,

...has some unique TV stands and brackets, and sometimes at bargain prices. They obviously carry a lot of tradeshow items, but sometimes that's exactly what you need.

Reply to
mpm

I can't tell how much room is back there. If it were me, and I didn't exp ect to have to access it often for wiring changes, press-the-reset-button, and stuff like that, I'd just grab a chunk of plumber's tape and some nuts/ bolts/washers and hang it on the bracket. Nobody would know how ugly it was but me.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752