OT: Bolton is deeply unpopular pick among ZH readers

Gosh, you could at least decide whether to throw me to the lions _after_ you've heard the performance!

Reply to
bitrex

As opposed to falling about laughing at him.

Clumsy oaf tactics are comical. They might have worked back in primary school, but some people grow up. Not Bolton, Trump or Larkin ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Jim's hearing has gone the same way as the rest of his cerebral function. L et's not talk about his critical faculties - rednecks lose them if they try to use them, and Jim seems to have been bright enough - when younger - to repress them before somebody else did it for him.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

yeah there are still "some folks" who think all Vietnam needed was more "supplies" (bombs) to be wrapped up successfully lol. Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia got 7 million tons of ordinance, just the duds have killed and wounded about a quarter million civilians since 1975; "some folks" might argue that if you can't do it with one unit of more-ordinance-than-all-previous-wars-combined the chances of doing it with two units are not really optimistic.

Reply to
bitrex

My college girlfriend was from the same geographical region, only place I've heard of where both her and her high-school boyfriend had stories of some adult trying to sexually assault them in a parking lot as teenagers; they seemed to have both made the logical choice which was to smash the guy's testicles in and then leave and never look back as well

Reply to
bitrex

Next step?

lunatic fringe electronics

Pity Trump hasn't got access to the same kind of advice. It's an even greater pity that he wouldn't pay any attention to the advice if he had.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

When Nixon was interviewed on "American Interests" in about 1987, Morton Kondrake asked, "If you had been elected in 1960 would you have sent troops to Vietnam?" "I wouldn't have needed to send troops because I wouldn't have been involved in the assassination of Diem."

JFK had no clue. At that time, North Vietnam didn't even have universal conscription. When the North was much stronger, Nixon built up the southern forces in only a few years, and they repelled the 1972 invasion with mainly air support from us. Our losses were only in the hundreds in the last year. If JFK had done that the South would have been able to hold their own. The Russians could have built up the North enough to do what they did in Korea but they wouldn't have, knowing our response.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso