OT: Big Brother is Watching You

I'm not just picking out California to be mean. It's such a premier source of weird stuff goin' on it's impossible to ignore.....

Cursitor Doom

That's OK, as long as they don't do surveillance on the undocumented*.

*once known as Illegal Aliens, and still proper,
Reply to
amdx

My patented line of foil headgear is specially designed to deflect mind-control rays from over 70 models of aerial drone, and additionally is guaranteed to provide nearly 90% insulation from all orbiting laser-sputnik directed energy beams and cathode-ray thought projection technologies. Only $99.95, please write for a brochure today!

Reply to
bitrex

A drone at 200 feet doesn't see anything more than a cop walking or driving around would see. Or cams on telephone poles.

Drones do make annnoying buzzing noises.

lunatic fringe electronics

Sadly, it is ineffective against the Daily Mail and Russia Today.

Of course if you have a working mind, neither of them can get at you. Cursitor Doom clearly hasn't.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bah. Your reflective foil headgear is clearly inferior to my new and improved line of absorptive head protection (patent pending). All a reflector does is bounce the RF signal around to other parts of the body and to innocent bystanders, where it can still produce damaging effects, such as brain rot, logic errors, and protracted litigation. At worst, a partial hemispherical reflector can concentrate the RF thus increasing the damage potential. My highly superior absorptive headgear, clothing, and underwear are designed to convert 99.999% of the RF energy into heat, thus preventing almost all stray radiation from penetrating into the brain, while protecting other parts of the body and bystanders from the harmful effects of RF.

Operation of absorptive head protection is far easier than the foil equivalent. The microfiber protective fabric is simply moistened with some water, and worn until the protective water partly evaporates. The fabric is then twisted, causing the trapped water to drain, taking the accumulated RF residue with it. A rinse with some more water restores the fabric back to its original protective condition.

Please contact us for a free estimate and a coupon for a discount on a custom fitting for RF absorptive protective clothing.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Every day should begin with a laugh.

Here, in an adjacent town, Mesa, AZ, a grand-motherly type took one of the City of Mesa's drones out with her shotgun. The court ruled in her favor ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

krw

Tilley has been making those radiative protective devices for years, they even passed one through an elephant a few times as a test...

Gives new meaning to "I'll eat my ...!"

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

That's common sense! Some of the follow-up remarks mentioned spark-gap jamming as a way of downing them. I'd have been more inclined to target their control frequency until I read that. Just wondering if I should build a simple SGJ just in case....

Cursitor Doom

It has the flexibility to see and be anywhere at any time. People and cars are much more limited.

So do cars and airplanes and especially helicopters and jet engines.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

There's not one single law-enforcement tool provided to the police that didn't get misused at some time.

JL seems to think this sort of abuse won't happen in California. How touchingly naive!

Cursitor Doom

See...

That last highlighted line I thought was a really good belly-shaker...

In essence, if the disease doesn't kill me, the treatment will >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

her favor ;-) "

I heard about that, good for them. I would have kept it at least for parts. You know the law about unsolicited deliveries.

Reply to
jurb6006

frequency until I read that. Just wondering if I should build a simple SGJ just in case.... "

The spark is much better. You know how hard it is to efficiently propagate radio waves with wide bandwidth ? The arc takes care of that in one fell swoop.

Quick and dirty, the American way, and you won't be running it so long they could triangulate on you. Oh, you ain't an American are you...well OK do it the hard way if it suits you.

Reply to
jurb6006

I don't know if cannabis is legal in your state or not, Jim, but that stuff is the best damn natural anti-nausea treatment I know of. And (although official research is still patchy for obvs reasons) it's interactions with other meds are typically very low. Might be worth investigating....

On a slightly different tack, I remember from reading Cancer Ward (Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn) that there is a proven-effective tumour-shrinker in the bark of some tree you could maybe discover the name of with a bit of online digging. Similar in properties to the Pacific Yew (IIRC). The active ingredients of both are doubtless now available synthetically - at a price! But if you can find an online supplier for the Russian bark it might *just* be do-able. (the Pacific Yew is not suitable in natural form as the trace active ingredient requires at least one whole tree for a single dose).

Cursitor Doom

Hmmm, looks like that one drug, Gemcitabine, can cause problems with menstruation. Notice anything strange lately ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Arizona has ridiculous pot laws. Any amount is a felony unless you got a ca rd fro medical pot.

So I guess he could do it but could get in big trouble if he looks happy.

Actually I wouldn't mind living in Arizona or Texas but for those ridiculou s pot laws. Not that it's legal here but I now how to handle the gestapo h ere, plus I got connections here. I know the best drug lawyer in town, and to give you a hint, a friend of mine with the SECOND best drug lawyer in to wn got busted with 200 pounds and did about 10 months.

Actually I need to move back to my city. I never got searched, my car never got searched, no cop or inspector would set foot on my property while on d uty, and all my warrants mysteriously disappear. Well, not really mysteriou sly... Plus they refused to take me to jail. Pot, open beer, suspended lice nse, fictitious plates, peeling tires and loud stereo I walk. Here I can ba rely walk down the street, let alone with a joint. It takes years to teach them and I don't have the time.

Reply to
jurb6006

I'd just shoot the thing. A pump-action shotgun is a perfectly reasonable firearm for private ownership and legitimate "tool" that comes in handy in lots of situations.

Not every problem requires a complicated solution.

Reply to
bitrex

Bulky low rate of fire firearms could be marketed as "multipurpose mass drivers", kinda like a Swiss Army knife.

Reply to
bitrex