OT: Big Brother IS Watching.

I suspect that you are quite confused. There never was a physical check, just electronic images. Though there should be no issue with supplying you with any number of usable verifications of payment. Perhaps it is your city that is twenty years out of date.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

The bank has the image. The problem was that for who knows what reason, they don't make those particular images available on their web site. Goofy, but that is how they explained it.

This was one of those planetary alignment things where a combination of circumstances meant I needed to get the returned check quickly and I wasn't at home, so dropping into a bank office (where they would print a copy of the check for me) was not an option and they would not mail the check to where I was. In this case the online banking was just what I wanted and needed, but did not work properly.

--

Rick
Reply to

Cash, $10,000 or over -OR- you are suspicious for any other reason. One of those other reasons is that you ask them about the dollar limit... catch 22. :)

We all know what CTR means. But we're not telling *you*! If you don't know you shouldn't have brought it up.

--

Rick
Reply to

$230

knowing

the

you're

protocol

Piss poorly trained staff IS a management problem. All too often swept under the rug.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

You keep dodging the question... did it appear on your statement? ...Jim Thompson

Yep. I was very impressed... she was fast-minded AND cheery to boot! And good-looking. Ahhh! To be 30 again >:-} ...Jim Thompson

You dumb idiot; i know what it stands for. The "mandate" is for what i stated; "suspicious" is the requirement for an STR. So now i gave away what those letters stand for, and so gave strong hint about CTR.

Reply to
Robert Baer

How can I dodge a question never asked? When did you ask this?

--

Rick
Reply to

Wa-a-a-ay back in thread! ...Jim Thompson

You just did it again!

Reply to
krw

My wife was a teller, on and off, for years. Of *course* the tellers know about the requirements. They're the ones initiating the forms. They didn't hide the requirements from their customers, either. Why bother? It's not their silly rules.

Reply to
krw

I couldn't find it but the question is irrelevant. I can't email a statement page.

--

Rick
Reply to

So you're impotent ?>;-} ...Jim Thompson

He must be. Even Sloman could email a PDF.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How do you get the page into the computer if you don't have a camera or a scanner? Drive 25 miles to Staples?

--

Rick
Reply to

If you're that helpless, yes. If it is available as an image, you just need free software to convert it. I never have to worry about a water bill, I have a private well.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Image? Did you read the part that the statement was on paper?

--

Rick
Reply to

Tell him to use the wayback machine...

Reply to
Robert Baer

The ink pattern for the statement IS an image, and is scannable to create a GIF or a PDF or...

Reply to
Robert Baer

IF you have a scanner or a camera... did you not read where I said I had neither... unless I drive 25 miles to town. :)

Reminds me of an economists joke. To appreciate it you need to know that much of economic theory depends on some very large assumptions, just like other sciences, but even moreso..

Three are stranded on a deserted island, an engineer, a chemist and an economist. They have no food other than a crate of canned goods that washes up but they can't open the cans. The engineer says they can build a fire and let the cans sit in it until they explode, but that will lose most of the food. The chemist says they can let the cans sit in salt water until they corrode, but it will take a long time and some of the food will be unfit to eat. The economist says... "assume we have a can opener".

--

Rick
Reply to