OT: Best Resolution Image File to Import into Word?

If the only return on the money and lost lives was inspiration, they could have put an oscilloscope in every classroom in the USA for a better outcome.

lunatic fringe electronics

Or better primary education.

lunatic fringe electronics

If the objective was just inspiration, they should have faked it.

It's a self-driving car.

lunatic fringe electronics

Please post a few good phone pics of electronics that you have taken.

lunatic fringe electronics

Maybe in my next life :-)

I am gradually trying to retire, it's just that my clients currently won't let me. So the need for newfangled software will be quite small in the future. Now, a new mountain bike or road bike some day, that's a different story, or a stainless steel fermenter, or ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Ummm... Oracle has there own version/branch. It differs from both.

Reply to
Long Hair

Linux has nothing whatever to do with SVG.

Markets, needs, values. If enough people want what you want, someone will step up to build you a nice cushy little tool. Like TV news; made for people who can't (be bothered to) read.

Programming is literacy. Once learned, you're no longer at the mercy of the market; you can do special things for which there's only an insignificant commercial market.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Since you are asking about a M$ "product", the answer is 2^6 dpi X, by 2^6 dpi Y, by 2^24 color. And you KNOW that it gets pixellated to 8x8x16.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oh, no, moon rock is evidence that a little over 1% of Earth's mass was ejected into space a few billion years ago. That must have been the biggest collision ever; if that isn't exciting, what is?

Of course, you don't necessarily want to disclose old stuff like that when you apply for insurance.

Reply to
whit3rd

I know but having to use an extra routine to do stuff is what often must be done in Linux. The process being similar is all.

Well, PNG is good enough for documentation purposes so yes, I can't be bothered to program something to fix a thing that ain't broken.

So far I was always able to find a pre-canned solution for everything computer-related. Sometimes not 100% but 99% and it was good enough.

I tried some programming, even bought a C-compiler for hundreds in the early 90's. Didn't enjoy it at all. I rather spend my learning efforts on stuff you really can't buy. Such as Pliny the Elder, IMHO currently the best beer in America. Very hard to get. So I (re-) learned brewing and then brewed a clone. Now I can have one every day if I want to.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

:)

You should probably have a play with Python or Go anyhow. So many C-level worrisome things vanish with modern interpreted languages, and the libraries are much better too.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Python is what a client suggested as well. Some day I'll look into that. Just not right now because the year is somehow always full with work, volunteering, brewing and bicycling.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Brewing what?

Cursitor Doom

IPA, Koelsch, Pale Ale, Stout, Cream Ale, Saison, Belgian Tripel, Amber, Irish Red, Honey Wheat, Winter Ale and ... ... a Pliny the Elder clone which is nearly impossible to buy here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Wow! Well done; that's most admirable! Something went terribly wrong here in the 1970s when chilled, continental- style light beers ("lagers") surpassed traditional English ales in sales volumes. This occurred contemporaneously with the diminution in the IQ levels of pub drinkers and the introduction of TVs in "sports bars" showing non-stop soccer matches. :(

Cursitor Doom

It's a lot of work. With brewing, bottling and lots of cleaning about

5-6h goes into each 5-gallon batch. The main reason why I started doing it again is that home-brew from bottles tastes as fresh as a beer from tap in a brewery tasting room.

I made myself some equipment to have a controlled fermentation environment. For example, this is a decommissioned formerly very fancy wine cooler with modded electronic and an added home-made heat module:

For sports I vowed to mod it without buying one penny's worth of new stuff. All from discarded stuff. It can hold two primary fermenters up top and three secondary fermenters below, for a total of 25 gallons. The blow-off assembly is needed for some Belgian yeasts because they could otherwise blow a fermenter.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

What's Pliny the Elder? They have it here,

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That's it. Currently the best beer in America IMHO. If you want a keg for a pub you almost have to fall on your knees and then maybe, just maybe, they show pity and sell you a keg. Scoring a bottle or two at a liquor store is fruitless, we have tried that. You'd almost have to camp there for a few days until the truck comes. If it comes. So now I brew a clone and can have one every night if I wanted to.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

eww sound absolutely horrid, "high bitterness" usually means it'll feel like your mouth is trying to tie a knot on itself, "aroma of floral, citrus, and pine" usually means the smell and after taste will be like dishwashing fluid

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

I don't trust any liquid that I can't see through.

Well, except coffee.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com