OT: Arizona Style Bank Robber Taken Down LIVE

All on LIVE TV: Bank robber pursued by helicopter... no visible ground units... as soon as he's in the clear of any innocents he's hit by 4 unmarked cars and pick-up's, and spun around. Three holes appear in windshield... case solved >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

I'm looking for work... see my website.

Amazing how fast it gets on Youtube. Is he dead?

Reply to
JW

Thanks for the link. I watched it live but missed the shot OUT of the windshield... even missed the hole count... so much for eye-witnesses ;-) I was concerned that it would be labeled shoot-happy cops.

Is he dead? Let's just say that the EMT's arrived, but then drove away... nothing removed from vehicle yet. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

If the cops' shooting is as sharp as those wonderful coordinated driving moves, I'd imagine so.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

He probably needed that money to pay for a life-saving operation for his sick kid, moron.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

What, no obozo care? moron ^2

Reply to
tom

Dig deeper. At first glance, things are not quite as they seem.

I count 5 holes. (No, I didn't Photoshop the image): There might have been a 6th shot, but I'm not sure.

The first shot appeared to be aimed at the driver through the open passenger side window. If you stop the video at 0:21, you'll see the glass spray coming from inside the car: The other 4 shots look like they were across the windshield, which means some of the bullet fragments might have gone in the direction of the other officers. The driver of the car on the far right seems very close to the line of fire and was lucky to have not been hit.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Jeff, You really ought to keep up with the thread... I first saw it LIVE (I wouldn't ordinarily be watching the local NBC channel but I was installing a shelf for a Prism TV unit and was making sure the wood wasn't going to impede the signal and found myself watching a live chase... the gunfire caught me by surprise).

See...

for my comments when I could watch it on YouTube, knowing what to expect.

...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

Medical marijuana is expensive, needed before live saving operation!

Fully understandable!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I think we have different definitions of "live". Live is at worst a few seconds delay. Delayed broadcast, which is usually cleaned up, enhanced, edited, advertising inserted, and time to fit neatly between the station ID's, announcement, commericals, and commentary, is not "live".

Fiber backhaul and wireless set top box. Very cool: Welcome to the leading|bleeding edge of TV technology.

Oh, it had sound? How many shots did you hear?

Yeah, it is amazing how quickly things appear on Youtube. If the suspected bank robber(s) survive, they're going to have a problem finding a jury that hasn't watched it on TV or on YouTube.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I was watching the police helicopter feed... it was "live". They station cut the shooting from all repeats.

No sound. It was from a helicopter. I could see the windshield.

The EMT's arrived and departed without going near the car. Nothing was removed. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

At the beginning of the video below, the commentators mumble something about getting the feed from the PD about 5 minutes late. I'm not sure if that's a 5 minute delay or that it took 5 minutes for the PD to get permission to pass on the live video. Later in the video, they cut off the feed when it looked like it would show blood and gore on TV, inserting instead the weather report. If there was a sufficient delay for the station censor to block the video, that wouldn't have happened, but does seem like what might happen with a live feed. Ok, you might be right and it was live.

Here's the original Fox 10 video: (19:49) It's quite dull until the grand finale starting at 16:00. The video is much sharper and now shows 5 bullet holes in the windshield.

During the chase, the driver is sorta visible through the driver side window. His left hand is over his left ear for much of the chase, indicating that he was probably yacking on a cell phone.

Disappointing. I guess the sound wouldn't have been heard over the engine and prop noise.

I would guess(tm) that Arizona is a DoS (dead on scene) state, which allows paramedics to pronounce someone dead, as opposed to DoA (dead on arrival) which required that what's left of the alleged bank robber be dragged to the hospital in order to be declared.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

I was watching Channel 12, the video quality was quite good. The audio was the station commentators talking about what streets they recognized. The shooting caught them totally unprepared... and surprised me, too... I expected the usual drag 'em out of the car once they're boxed in like that. ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

He took money from a bank and ran many stop signs and red lights so police were in fear for their lives and the alleged perpetrator failed to follow orders from lawful authority so he was disrespectful. In circumstance like that it is necessary to carry out an execution to fulfill constitutional requirements. There's no surprise here.

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

Stupidity prize of the day awarded.

Reply to
jurb6006

I was also surprised. Only one office was carrying what looked a sub-machine gun set for semi-auto operation. He was driving the left blocking car. He gets out of the car, goes around the back of the vehicle and immediately starts shooting. If the alleged bank robber was drawing or pointing a weapon, he would be completely justified. However, there was no way I could tell if that was the case from the helicopter video. I presume the various police vehicles have dashboard cameras, so we might find out eventually. He was also shooting despite having another officer almost in the line of fire. I'm also mystified as to why he would continue shooting through the front of the windshield. The first shot seemed to be through the open passenger side window, but the remaining 4 appeared to go through the windshield and into the vehicle. The pattern of holes in the windshield also covered an rather large area of the windshield. If there was only one person inside, the pattern would be more closely grouped. Two shots were at the forward edge of the windshield, which is an unlikely target area unless the driver climbed over the top of the steering wheel. I'll admit that I'm doing quite a bit of guesswork here, but every time watch the video, I get more and more suspicious.

"The best way to rob a bank is to own one".

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016 20:01:45 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in Message id: :

With all the awards he's won, I bet his house looks like that E-waste hoarder a few threads up.

Reply to
JW

All the shots were fired thru the windshield. The cop in the brown truck fi red two shots, one high which didn't hit anything and a second one dead on thru the so-called "cockpit" which was an obvious kill shot- note he puts h is rifle back in his vehicle immediately after the shot it was so obvious t he suspect was finished, as in visibly large chunk of brain blown out of hi s head. The cop on the left wasn't doing much other than laying down some r ounds to distract the suspect from the frontal assault. With all the accele ration from the PIT the suspect seat belt was most likely locked so he coul dn't move and was a sitting duck. Also, the chase lasted long enough for th e PD to learn they had an ex-prison inmate on their hands, which gives them implicit license to execute the suspect.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yep. Looks like a happy ending.

JW