OT: Are flies telepathic, or what?

message

Air. Pump... pump... pump until you couldn't anymore ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Probably had much better accuracy than ours. We got a squeeze bulb from a kitchen baster who's open end fit a ping pong ball and added a spark igniter from a coleman lantern. A few drops of lighter fluid, jamb ball in the opening, shake, aim & fire. The bulb swelled up and the ball exited with great speed, noise, and a belching flame. Very satisfying. Couldn't hit diddly. Art

Reply to
Artemus

hanging around here?

What should concern you more is what you did to make someone else regard you as an idiot.

Could it be the immature "fruitcake alias" unneeded baby bullshit? I think so. Could it be that "I live on the retard bandwagon that happens to hate the guy that calls us the retards we are" personal problem you have?

I think so. Could it be the fact that you are so goddamned immature that you cannot even help yourself from jumping on the retard bandwagon? I think so.

You made your bed, retard boy. You get to live IN it.

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

message

Sno-o-o-ort ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Bullshit shot rate claim.

Bullshit accuracy claim.

But not 30 a minute.

Reply to
MrTallyman

"VioletaPachydermata" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

'cept the OP was obviously taking the piss.

Reply to
Dennis

I don't even know what this means. I wasn't taking a piss, I was sitting here in my office.

Or does "taking the piss" mean something other than urinating, on your planet?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It has to do with being loose with your brain.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

message

As if that was ever a function of the propellant.

Round projectile, zero rifling equals splayed trajectory.

Things begin straight-out-of-the-barrel, but will quickly and ALWAYS take a turn down range.

I have observed a bb-gun where every shot could be watched as it went to the target, and have seen the ball spin create a purely random chaotic movement in them off-target, and a dead center aim and shot from a steady rest over 500 times yields the same result. Less than 20% go to the aimed at target. The rest are influenced heavily by the air passing over the ball.

It was very enlightening as to the plight of the folks back in the pre-rifling days.

The same bb-gun firing pellets: Dead on target, every shot. Right through the scope hairs. It was a nice pellet gun, and has about 100 mouse kills on it. It stayed in Denver when I moved here.

It wasn't the gun or the operator. It was the projectile and the air.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

"They took it away from me when I was admitted here."

Reply to
JW

message

Complete lack of a barrel was a bigger factor. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Wimp! Use starting fluid!

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nah! It's hilarious to watch them start to attack, after you spray them, then they seize up ;-)

I also have some old-fashioned fly paper. ...Jim Thompson

Reminds me... we once got swarming bees trying to establish a new hive in an electrical box in the ceiling of our patio.

Exterminator arrives. Advises to keep our dogs inside... "I'm going to make them mad as hell"... and he did ;-)

Don't know what he sprayed, didn't kill the bees, just made them move on. ...Jim Thompson

Add a match or a lighter and they go down in flames. ;-)

Dollar Tree has a package of six fly strips for $1.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You're still having reading comprehension problems I see. Nothing new. It was clear to all that you're an idiot, and is again each time you post. Good job of completely missing the physics in that post. Not that a retarded f*ck like you could ever have any grasp of such things, simple as they are.

Have a nice death, loser.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

Not with a round ping pong ball. They are IMMEDIATELY susceptible to the air's influence, so even the longer barrelled "gun" would have had air issues as soon as the ping pong ball issued from its 'muzzle'.

They are so light in weight that the slightest wind currents influence their path. It gets worse as velocity goes up.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

"ZepTox" spays 15 feet cold OR ignighted, and it kills wasps on contact. Bees would be easy, but I would not kill them. I would kill wasps due to a personal vendetta since about '66.

Flame On!

Reply to
GooseMan

Make one wonder how ping-pong players manage to control them at all.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to