OT: Archiving a Sub-Directory, Preserving PathsI

I have a directory tree:

C: PSpice DeviceLib X-Fab XB06 NewLib

I want to just zip the contents of directory NewLib (and its subdirectories), but maintain the path information in the archive all the way back to C: (without including all the preceding directory's contents).

The client would then unzip a complete tree matching mine.

Thus, when I pass schematics to a client I don't need to edit any directory info in the netlist/circuit-files.

Any clever/painless way to do that?

Thanks! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Open command window

cd c:\

zip -r c:\someplace\foobar.zip c:\Pspice\DeviceLib\X-Fab\XB06\NewLib

(Win7 and later won't let you write to c:\ except in administrator mode.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

Thats ok if you still insist on using C: as a data drive. But what if their data drive happens to be some other letter ?

Use of fixed paths like this can cause all sorts of problems.

Reply to
Adrian Jansen

This is just so _they_ can read my libraries without having to futz with editing the netlists.

I _used_to_ partition multiple drives. Looking back I wonder _why_ did I bother? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

7zip sshould do that, I remember ther is a mechanism in the zip format that does that.

Heres is what the filename header field description says

File name the name of the file including an optional relative path. All slashes in the path should be forward slashes '/'.

Martin Riddle

See

For 7zip

use -r to recurse directories