OT: An Unburdening

I was watching the Jim Jefferies special FREEDUMB again and I had a minor epiphany. It won't be any surprise to most here and it has occurred to me before, but never to such a degree!

We elected Trump to office not because he was in any way, shape or form /good/! We elected Trump to office because *everyone* else was so bad!!!

The part that was the revelation is what this says about the rest of the politicians. In the first three minutes Jim Jefferies has me splitting my sides not because he is being funny exactly, but because he is just telling us the truth about our country. Donald Trump is not a stupid person, but he knows how to appeal to the lowest common denominator in this country. He knows how to talk to the least educated in this country and he knows how get people to believe the biggest lies ever told during a campaign.

At least comedians won't be shy of material for another three years. We may get tired of the same old joke every week, but that's not an impeachable offense.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

Being the same old joke ought to be.

--