OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

  Rather sad.

                                   Mikek

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

That's 6/27.  From the same paper 7/7:
https://www.cherokeescout.com/obituaries/june-miller-0

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

  Not sure I understand, were they two obits submitted by different
family members? Is the one I posted a fake? Is the second a
re=submission after the original submitter got a lot of flack from other
family members?
  Inquiring minds want to know!
  I saw it on another group, thought it was interesting.
                      Mikek

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

Family with "factions" - some who are cognizant of the truth, others who
want to live in denial, perhaps.

Not uncommon. Parents with drug addiction/mental health problems often
idealize one set of family members and scapegoat others.

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

i.e. parents with Cluster B personality disorders:

<http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/personality-disorders/symptoms-causes/dxc-20247656

Are chameleons - they can be sweet as pie to the family members they
like, and turn on a dime and treat the ones they don't (for whatever
reason) like garbage, completely effortlessly.

Both obits could be "true". From a certain point of view.

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

An honest obituary and true words. Thanks.

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

Oh, you personally knew this woman, did you?

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

No, I do not and have no idea if this particular evaluation is honest,
in this particular circumstance. Maybe so, maybe not. Maybe depends on
who you ask.

But the sentiment is true, in the sense that it's an old story, which
repeats over and over again.

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

And yet you declared it to be "an honest obituary." <boggle>

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

Yes, in the sense that _if_ the situation was as described (which would
certainly be impossible for most any other reader to know, either) then
the obituary, likely written by the family or members of the family, was
an honest assessment of that situation and not a public-relations
construction laced with saccharine sentimentality about a relative that
actually behaved in life in a way which was much different, in reality.

I.e. not claiming that someone who was an abusive asshole most of the
time was not so after their death simply because it's "wrong" to "speak
ill of the dead." Get it?

You either got a pedantry problem or an English comprehension problem, I
don't know which.

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

Most obituaries are total bullshit.

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

Well, total bullshit is often what keeps the world of the living humming
along, and obituaries are for the living, not for the dead.

Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow
On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 15:15:53 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

Bitrex _probably_ is a doper >:-}

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: OT, An Obituary to keep you on the straight and narrow

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson at the top of his form.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Site Timeline