OT: Adobe Reader DC versus Adobe Reader 11

What is the difference between Adobe Reader DC versus Adobe Reader 11?

Appears that "DC" uses the "cloud", which, given that M$ is an alias for the devil, makes me suspicious. ...Jim Thompson

Den onsdag den 2. september 2015 kl. 19.58.13 UTC+2 skrev Jim Thompson:

what's adobe got to do with MS?

afaict tell adobe DC gives you online storage and support for mobile devices

which seems rather pointless since anyone that want it already have online storage, most phones etc. already understand pdf and on a PC you there's foxit which I think is better than adobe reader

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Yea cloud stuff, if you need the intaller for 11 I have a copy. I could not find it on the Adobe site a few weeks ago.

Martin Riddle

I think I have a copy also. ...Jim Thompson

I tried running my Adobe Reader 11 Installer... it self-destructs. Assholes. Maybe Trump should run on crushing the software monopolies

But I did manage to rid myself of DC and re-install v10. ...Jim Thompson

Haven't used Adobe Reader for *ages*. There are far better PDF readers out there.

Reply to
krw

Yes, Foxit is many times faster, uses a fraction of the memory, is simple to update, only needs to be updated very occasionally, and has a fraction of the security risks. It also looks nicer, IMHO.

Adobe Reader has a few features that other readers, such as Foxit, don't have - but none that are commonly needed.

(Adobe's reader for Android, on the other hand, is not bad at all.)

Reply to
David Brown

I use PDFXChange. I like the tabbed PDFs (though I'd like to be able to load more than 50) and the markup capability.

Reply to
krw

"DC" either means "Direct Current", thus no word/text ripple. Or, "DC" means "Doubly Crappy".

Reply to
Robert Baer