OT: A Surprising Ray Of Hope

Lil Wayne is a Black rapper. He thinks racism is dead or dying because the oft-maligned "Millennial Generation" isn't interested in it:

SFW

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Indeed.

I am of the firm view that to be AWARE of different races (eg "That guy over there is Asian") isn't racism. That awareness is surely inbuilt in all of us (save maybe the blind). Racism is when that awareness is used in any discriminatory way.

Reply to
pedro

Actually "That guy over there is Asian" IS racist, but not bigoted. Just b ecause Websters dictionary does not see the difference does not mean there isn't one. It is like the difference between engine and motor. There IS a d ifference but the dictionary does not make it clear.

We used to be gearheads. At my one Uncle's funeral the pictures of his car were bigger than the pictures of him. Peole talked to us about "changing th e motor" in their car it was like "what, the starter motor ? the wiper moto r ?".

It is really hard to explain the difference to people who don't already kno w. But you can have racial pride and some will consider you a racist, but i f you treat everyone the same (until proven unworthy actually, no matter wh o) you are not a bigot. That is the difference. That should be incorporated into the dictionary.

Reply to
jurb6006

Who we choose to get romantically involved with is nobody else's business. It's the most personal decision of our lives and the thought of the State sticking its nose into such matters makes me physically sick.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom