OT: 50 question science test (I got 31 right)

I missed 19 and guessed maybe 10 right and knew the other 21. I guessed some right just because the word sounded.good. One of them I had to whip out the calculator.

Bill Bowden

Missed 10, guessed one or two correctly.

Reply to
krw

I dropped out when it said the age of the Earth is not 6015 years...up 'til then they were doing okay.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I got 39 right, 11 wrong. When presented with the right answer on the

11 that I missed, I consistently thought "I should have known that". Bummer.

Thanks. Now back to lying on my income taxes.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

43/50.
Reply to
Ralph Barone

42/50. And note to self: Dinosaurs are clearly not your strong suit!

But if you're feeling bad about your own score, in the immortal words of George Carlin: 'Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.'

Reply to
mpm

46/50
Reply to
Clifford Heath

The age of Earth is older than 6015 years. I visited a museum and inquired about the age of the dinosaur bones displayed and the attendant said they were 65,000,015 years old. So I asked how the age of the bones was determined so precisely and the attendant said they had told him the bones were 65 million years old when he got the job, and he had been working for the museum for 15 years.

Bill Bowden

Maybe it's my browswer or something but it wouldn't give me the results.

Maybe it's better that way.

Reply to
jurb6006

86%: got 7 wrong, one of them by accident, guessed about 4 correctly.
--
umop apisdn
Reply to

43/50, but several of those were worked out from my small knowledge of Latin and Greek rather than science.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I got 47 right, without having to guess any of them. Of the three I got wrong, I had it down to 2 choices each time, and got each guess wrong.

I was pleasantly surprised, given the source of the test, that it was based on real science. It is questionable how useful it is to know the etymology of "quark", but I suppose that's the "literate" bit of "scientifically literate" :-)

Reply to
David Brown

I got the same, but guessed (correctly) on 2

Reply to
WangoTango

Tak

e-our-quiz/Composing-about-78-percent-of-the-air-at-sea-level-what-is-the- most

30 right. Slightly below avg score.
Reply to
Mike Cook

I missed 6, mostly stupid mistakes due to being distracted and overconfident.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

There were trick questions too.

I was taught that the fertilized egg had to divide at least twice to rate "zygote". That is a plurality of cells, not just one. I thought there was another term for the 'just recently fertilized but not yet divided' fertilized ovum.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

You were taught wrong.

Reply to
krw

Ironically, I had the opposite problem on the ones like that. Guess I should brush up on my roots. :^)

45/50

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

I tried a diffrent browser.

35/50

Guessed on two.

Not bad for a dropout, I expect y'all to do better.

Reply to
jurb6006

I forgot to enable javascript, so I did the whole thing and saw no results.

Then I did it again with the same answers and got 45 out of 50, guessing about 2 (but they were narrowed down to 2 choices).

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso